Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 01:57 PM

407 posts, read 828,469 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have been on Verizon for years. I currently am on a family shared plan. On my line I pay the $9.99 additional line fee, and $15 texting plan which gives me 500 out of network, unlimited in network. I currently have no data plan.

I have been getting data charges on my cell phone cause I may log into facebook or check weather and I have been going over my text messages by a few. Not too bad.

My 2 year contract is up in August and hope to upgrade my plan. Can anyone tell me how much more it cost for unlimited text? I have been searching on Verizons website and can't find it. Also if I want to add a data package how much do they start out?

I'd like to get a iPhone but sure I need unlimited everything to purchase one of those. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 02:50 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzmanLI View Post
My 2 year contract is up in August and hope to upgrade my plan. Can anyone tell me how much more it cost for unlimited text?
I thought it was $10.

Quote:
I have been searching on Verizons website and can't find it. Also if I want to add a data package how much do they start out?
This has all changed today. Plans start at $10 and go up from there. $30 is the 2GB plan which is enough for a lot of people.

Quote:
I'd like to get a iPhone but sure I need unlimited everything to purchase one of those. Thank you!
You just need A text plan and A data plan. Not the high end of either.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Thank you Peregrine, all questions answered!

Just one thing, if I get the $10 data plan will they still sell me a iPhone. Thought you needed at least the $30 data plan

Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
That I am not sure about since the pricing just changed yesterday. I would assume (and you know what they say about that) that they would allow you to get a lower tier data plan under the new pricing structure.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 AM

Alright, I am going to have to take a ride down there and check it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones