Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 09:37 AM

1,424 posts, read 5,336,790 times

Advertisements

I have a Droid Incredible HTC. I read the manual and checked all the options I can think of. I want to block a certain caller so that my phone will not ring when they call, and their call gets rejected. It's not a text issue, it's a solicitation phone call issue.

Can I block callers on this cell phone? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Not that I'm aware of. What you can do is make a contact for that phone number. Once you set up a contact, edit the contact, go to options, and there should be a setting to send calls from that contact directly to voicemail.

Another thing you can do is make or get a ringtone that is silent, and assign it to that contact, so you never hear it ring if they call.

Finally, tell the person/organization that you want them to stop calling, put your phone on the do not call list, and file complaints with the FCC if you get solicitation calls once the do not call list wait period is done (31 days). You probably already did this, but just in case, you should do it anyway.

National Do Not Call Registry

Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
You have an android phone, anything you want to do, you use an app for. there are many apps on the market that you can use to block calls.

As for the poster above, you do not need to put your cell phone on the Do Not Call Registry. This belief is one that was formed from an spam type email. All cell phones are automatically covered as Do Not Call for solicitation due to the fact it uses minutes.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,837,463 times
Install the free app called "BlackList". It allows you to do exactly what you want to do and more. I have it on my phone to block solicitation calls. You can even set it so not only does your phone not ring when they try to call but they also cannot leave you a voicemail either. You can also block text messaging from numbers and set an autoreply to those numbers if you wish.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
I believe Verizon can also block calls for you on thier end.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Install the free app called "BlackList". It allows you to do exactly what you want to do and more. I have it on my phone to block solicitation calls. You can even set it so not only does your phone not ring when they try to call but they also cannot leave you a voicemail either. You can also block text messaging from numbers and set an autoreply to those numbers if you wish.
BlackList | AppBrain Android Market

Old 09-16-2011, 12:28 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I believe Verizon can also block calls for you on thier end.
This was going to be my suggestion, though I think Verizon charges a small fee for their blocking service.

Never heard of the BlackList app, but will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones