Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,630,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
In this area the Rezound trounces every phone on the market. It was built to be a premium music phone with Beats Audio baked in.
I'm pretty sure that you can side load Beats onto any Android phone now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,630,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChris View Post
When you did the upgrade are you on unlimited data or tiered? Reason i ask is in my opinion what good are 4g speeds when you have a data cap ? You get the same amount of data but a bit quicker but still lets say 2gb nonetheless. I have an android phone ( thunderbolt ) and an ipad and i really prefer apples app store over the android market . The android market just seems like a black market for rogue apps whereas apples offerings seem more professional and legit. Jmo .
In my case I've been able to keep my unlimited data through 4 smart phone upgrades this year (one for each family member, not 4 for me!).

I also believe that they have a larger cap on the tiered data plans for LTE, but I agree, now that they've introduce faster networks, they start capping data!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,414,529 times
Quote:
When you did the upgrade are you on unlimited data or tiered? Reason i ask is in my opinion what good are 4g speeds when you have a data cap ? You get the same amount of data but a bit quicker but still lets say 2gb nonetheless. I have an android phone ( thunderbolt ) and an ipad and i really prefer apples app store over the android market .
If speed is something the OP wants, they can't get it with the current-gen iPhone, so it doesn't matter. If they're with ATT, if they have the unlimited data plan, those bastards will throttle you to hell if you overuse it. (edit: I see that they have Verizon, but I still don't like ATT, so I'm leaving this in there )

I'm on ATT's unlimited data plan (grandfathered in) and the only reason I re-signed my contract for another two years was because of that. Now they send me texts telling me I'm in the top 5% and they're going to throttle my connection.

You were right, what good is fast speed with a cap? But on the other side of that coin, what good is unlimited data if they throttle you down to slower than dialup speeds? I really do despise ATT nowadays...I wish I hadn't made the mistake of re-signing.

Quote:
The android market just seems like a black market for rogue apps whereas apples offerings seem more professional and legit. Jmo .
That's a little over-dramatic. The android app store is robust and FULL of quality, stable apps to download (most for free, moreso than apple's appstore because of the charges you incur when writing and distributing apps). These apps are also updated more frequently because there is no BS to go through when updating an app, like you have with Apple (sometimes it takes MONTHS to get an update out with Apple's method).

Of course, this is a double edge sword, and there ARE bad apps out there that were not blocked from the market because of a lax set of guidelines. That's what ratings and reviews are for. Like I said earlier, I have never installed an app that I thought was unsafe, unstable or overall "rogue" as you put it.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM

16,448 posts, read 19,462,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
I'm pretty sure that you can side load Beats onto any Android phone now.
Sure. And I can load MIUI on it and make it look like an iPhone. Only prettier.
and I can load ICS on my non-ICS phone. Or Gingerbread. Or strip every piece of bloat out of it.
But for the other 80% of consumers that will not root their phones????

Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,414,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Sure. And I can load MIUI on it and make it look like an iPhone. Only prettier.
and I can load ICS on my non-ICS phone. Or Gingerbread. Or strip every piece of bloat out of it.
But for the other 80% of consumers that will not root their phones????
Their loss

Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,700 times
I bought a HTC Rezound the other day and brought back the next. It said I need a sim card when I saw the store owner put it in the phone, I could not connect to the internet, and the orange light did not turn green when it was fully charged. And, And I had to take out the battery and put it back in to get my 3g/4g. Bought the Iphone 4s much, much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones