U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 02:04 PM

2,711 posts, read 5,187,309 times

Advertisements

I have an HTC Inspire phone with ATT and it has Android 2.3 and a Market app.

When I start the Market app it just shows a few apps and games. Where are songs or TV shows?

Am I missing something, I thought tons of people want to load songs/TV shows directly to the phone. I know I can transfer these from a computer to the phone.

I read a rumor that you can use Amazon Apps but some ATT users can't load it.

I see on Google Play on a computer that it does have games, apps, TV shows, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 03:12 PM

13,041 posts, read 15,146,569 times
Your phone may not have been updated with the newest Market that includes all that and is called > GOOGLE PLAY. I would be a bit surprised if it didn't.

You can download and purchase music from the Amazon app. You should have that. To get the Amazon App store, go to Amazon on your Phone Browser and it should let you from there.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:18 PM

13,041 posts, read 15,146,569 times
Try this: go into Google Market. Click the MENU button. Then MY APPS.
Any in there need updated?

Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 PM

2,711 posts, read 5,187,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Try this: go into Google Market. Click the MENU button. Then MY APPS.
Any in there need updated?
I did it.
It just says "No downloads from Android Market."

Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,217,542 times
How to Watch Movies on Android Phones

Quote:
How to Watch Movies on Android

Written by: Sandy Samra • Edited by: Simon Hill
Published Aug 14, 2010 • Related Guides: Android | Movie

Whether you are an Android device owner or you are planning an Android phone as your next purchase, the following article will help you to get more fun out of your Android device. This article is about how to watch movies on Android.

Introduction

There are lots of people who doubt that it is possible to watch movies on Android phones as they only support a handful of formats: H.263, H.264 AVC and MPEG-4 SP. Therefore, for watching movies, you need to convert the DVD movies into Android MPEG files. This can be easily done with the help of a qualified DVD to Android converter. Danisoft DVD Ripper and Wondershare DVD Ripper Platinum are amongst the best converters available in the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones