Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:34 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,451,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Wow, I never had a problem using whitepages.com for free. I guess this is a fairly recent change for the worse IMHO.
Nor have I. I just successfully got the name, street address and phone number for a friend at whitepages.com, with no charge. I was also able to do a reverse lookup for my office phone number, which returned the correct street address. The data were accurate in both searches.

If you are looking for more informality than this, you will probably need to pay for it. You might also have a hard time finding an unlisted number or the name associated with a cell phone number, without forking over some cash. However the topic of this thread is "How can I do a reverse phone look up without being charged.....I want to do it for free" You can do this (and more) for free via. whitepages.com. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,556,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Wow, I never had a problem using whitepages.com for free. I guess this is a fairly recent change for the worse IMHO.
Maybe the issue is whether it's a land-line versus cellphone. I just tried it again on a nuisance phone number that calls me at least once a day (which it says is a cellphone). It went through some six-step "database search" and warned me it may have "shocking information" and now is offering me information ... after I sign up for an account. And the URL is now https://phone.instantcheckmate.com/register

Old 01-10-2014, 09:50 AM

1,265 posts, read 3,451,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Maybe the issue is whether it's a land-line versus cellphone. I just tried it again on a nuisance phone number that calls me at least once a day (which it says is a cellphone). It went through some six-step "database search" and warned me it may have "shocking information" and now is offering me information ... after I sign up for an account. And the URL is now https://phone.instantcheckmate.com/register
I think many telemarketers nowadays are making concerted efforts to conceal their identities (e.g. calling from abroad using American VIOP numbers, etc.) If this is the case, even a paid "reverse look" service may not be able to tell you who's calling.

Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 AM

6,408 posts, read 10,219,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Maybe the issue is whether it's a land-line versus cellphone.
After I read this, as an experiment I tried a search in whitepages of my mobile # and got the links offering to do an online lookup for a fee. When I looked up my office landline #, the results showed at no cost. Since cell phone #'s are not published in any directory yet I realized that only unlisted phone #'s must create the pay for vs. a free look up.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:17 PM

731 posts, read 1,575,153 times
Default How can I do a reverse phone look up without being charged

I have tried using reverse cell phone lookups forever. The search was free but the info
about that number wasn't free. Yesterday I accidentally found a site that, for my intents and purposes, gave more than I expcted.

SafeCaller.com Telephone Safety Directory - Home

The site is asking for caller numbers that are safe or bad (telemarketers, weirdo people, spammers etc.) The info might not be the same every time. I did get IP addresses every time, location of caller as in State and City, person's initials, wireless or land line. All they want is whether yo think it is a bad number or good. You have to say good or bad before you can view all info.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:14 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,556,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinynot View Post
I have tried using reverse cell phone lookups forever. The search was free but the info
about that number wasn't free. Yesterday I accidentally found a site that, for my intents and purposes, gave more than I expcted.

SafeCaller.com Telephone Safety Directory - Home

The site is asking for caller numbers that are safe or bad (telemarketers, weirdo people, spammers etc.) The info might not be the same every time. I did get IP addresses every time, location of caller as in State and City, person's initials, wireless or land line. All they want is whether yo think it is a bad number or good. You have to say good or bad before you can view all info.
That seems like putting the cart before the horse. How do I know whether a number is bad or good until I can get some information about it?

Old 12-12-2014, 03:45 PM

731 posts, read 1,575,153 times
I don't know if you ever used that website. You did post that you used a nuisance phone number that called you every day. Is it not a bad number?
My phone was getting spoofed and my previous phone had been too. On that website, I confirmed that all numbers had the same IP address. My current phone is constantly hacked in additional ways. Today, I find the IP from all that spoofing, is now in my phone network information on top of my own address.

Actually, you really don't have a problem, if you negate every possibility.

sorry for such a late reply

Old 02-11-2016, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 13,224 times
I've tried every avenue for free, including all the websites suggested here and have not been able to find anything for free or even a minimal one time fee (ie; $1). I've checked out at least a dozen sites and they all want you to sign up for a trial that turns into a $25/mo. membership if you forget to cancel. What happen to just charging something reasonable for each look up?

Old 02-11-2016, 05:30 PM

21 posts, read 41,575 times
ProfiLogical Public Profiles. If it is a published landline it will show. Cell phones won't show up.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:34 AM

1 posts, read 11,721 times
Default reverse phone lookup

There are many sites that offer reverse phone lookup for free. You just have to pick which give an accurate results.

Last edited by kimvalerio89; 05-28-2016 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones