U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 PM

7,669 posts, read 8,275,377 times

Advertisements

Think this going to be my next phone!
I Don't want to wait till the 4Q for next Gen quad core phones.
The Qualcomm S4 Krait dual core chip is outstanding.

Samsung - Galaxy S III 4G Mobile Phone - Marble White (Sprint) - SPH-L710
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 PM

4,631 posts, read 9,013,077 times
Hey hitman, fancy seeing you here on these boards.

Yeah the S3 is really nice. I am pretty excited about getting it for professional reasons of course

Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM

7,669 posts, read 8,275,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristella View Post
Yeah me too, I definitely want to upgrade my Galaxy S.
It's closely flawless with smooth performance as thought of.

I love that it has a microSD card slot for expansion (up to a further 64GB) and the stunning pixel density of 306ppi!

Samsung S III is great to consider other that HTC One X and iPhone 4s.

Definitely can't wait to see the camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Hey hitman, fancy seeing you here on these boards.

Yeah the S3 is really nice. I am pretty excited about getting it for professional reasons of course
LOl
Yea Shmoov!
I was really hoping The SGS III would get a A9 quad core, but Qualcomm S4 Krait dual core is more than capable to handle the job!

I Think Im going to pull the trigger on this phone before Verizon ends it subsidy's/Unlimited data on new contracts.
My driod x is now taking a dump!
I should have rooted it like my first droid x

Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM

2,182 posts, read 4,711,062 times
Samsung Galaxy S III is hot: bursts into flames and melts through its own casing -- Engadget

Ouch

I love my SGS2, never an issue with it, I wonder if this was the fault of the charger or the phone itself?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 PM

3,007 posts, read 5,211,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Samsung Galaxy S III is hot: bursts into flames and melts through its own casing -- Engadget

Ouch

I love my SGS2, never an issue with it, I wonder if this was the fault of the charger or the phone itself?

Probably had more to do with the charger more than anything.

My SGS2 is great. I had some battery life problems, then I rooted, and loaded an ICS rom, and it's OK for now. I wish ATT would come out with an official ICS update so I can go back to a "stock" set-up.

The only gripe, other than the weird battery life problem, is the build quality of the SGS2. Sure it doesn't break, but man, I just held an HTC One S and it felt so nice. I love the way the iPhone 4s feels too, even though it's more breakable. Ironic...

So, yeah even though the SGS3 is very powerful, the HTC One S/X is more a long the lines of a phone I'd want next build-wise. If the iPhone gets a bit bigger and gets rid of some of that glass, and gets 4g, then I'm going back to the iPhone next year.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM

I haven't jumped to an ICS ROM yet, still thumpin' around on my 2.3.6 UnNamed ROM. I should update but I'm too lazy

Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I haven't jumped to an ICS ROM yet, still thumpin' around on my 2.3.6 UnNamed ROM. I should update but I'm too lazy
The ICS roms are a bit finicky right now across the board except for Galaxy Nexus. Maybe in about 4 or 5 months they will be ready to roll for the masses from XDA and Cyaneogen team.

I am a huge fan of what M$ are doing with NOK. Has anyone seen the announcement with WP8? Pretty nifty and a total win for consumers.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
The ICS roms are a bit finicky right now across the board except for Galaxy Nexus. Maybe in about 4 or 5 months they will be ready to roll for the masses from XDA and Cyaneogen team.

I am a huge fan of what M$ are doing with NOK. Has anyone seen the announcement with WP8? Pretty nifty and a total win for consumers.
Not a win for current WP7 users, they won't be able to upgrade to the full version of WP8, they will get a stop-gap update WP7.8 which will give it the new home screen, and probably not much else.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:34 AM

11,858 posts, read 13,995,178 times
Seriously. Not even one OS upgrade for Win7.
Has MS learned nothing from Android?

Fail...
MS keep on dropping that ball...

Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Not a win for current WP7 users, they won't be able to upgrade to the full version of WP8, they will get a stop-gap update WP7.8 which will give it the new home screen, and probably not much else.
I agree about the updates but you are talking a very small percentage of current end users that will really care. End users want the phone to work, not be retrofit with a half baked OS or poorly supported OS when there are issues.
While tyere will be a small percentage of fringe users that will be disapointed about the 7.8 update, I am willing to bet it wont make the majority jump ship from the OS. If anything, I applaud Microsoft about telling everyone now vs later about support for WP7 devices. By comparison most Android builds out there technically dont even support multi core chips natively or efficiently so whats the point? Ios dropped support for 3g models and below after iOS 4.3 came out.

I havee been using 7.8 and 8 for the past couple of months and the ux to 'most' users that bought a WP7 would likely not even tell the difference from their current device. WP8 is part of a larger ecosystem and with the tablets and cloud services they have in store, that picture will become much clearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones