Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 04:11 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,665,748 times

Advertisements

I think this is absurd. Next is apple going to say since their phone is rectangular shape everyone has to make their phone a triangle? Are they going to try and patent breathing?

Apple Wins U.S. Sales Ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus | CIO Today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,595 times
Umm... Google voice search, vlingo, Samsung galaxy voice, etc were all in existence before siri....

Apple is just butthurt that Google voice works better than siri...

Old 07-04-2012, 03:58 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,229,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I think this is absurd. Next is apple going to say since their phone is rectangular shape everyone has to make their phone a triangle? Are they going to try and patent breathing?

Apple Wins U.S. Sales Ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus | CIO Today
I think this is silly, but consumers are the one's receiving the short stick here. Apple will lose a top competitor, the judge ordered Apple to put up $96 million in reserve to pay to Samsung in case the ruling goes in Apple's favor (the $96 million is to be paid to Samsung for lost sales of the Galaxy Nexus). So it is really a win-win for Apple and Samsung. And, consumers could order from overseas, right?

All of these patent wars that have been going on recently are completely ridiculous

Old 07-04-2012, 11:01 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,665,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I think this is silly, but consumers are the one's receiving the short stick here. Apple will lose a top competitor, the judge ordered Apple to put up $96 million in reserve to pay to Samsung in case the ruling goes in Apple's favor (the $96 million is to be paid to Samsung for lost sales of the Galaxy Nexus). So it is really a win-win for Apple and Samsung. And, consumers could order from overseas, right?

All of these patent wars that have been going on recently are completely ridiculous
Def not a win for Samsung as they won't get their hands on that bond.. That only goes to Samsung if this gets thrown out by the judge. That would take months, maybe even 1-2 years(for the trial), what will probably happen is(and looks like will) is that google will modify(cripple) android to get around the patent. If this becomes a pattern this could mean long term problems for android.
I think it's ridiculous that apple gets patent like this(that have been released to the public for years before apple implemented or patented them)

Old 07-05-2012, 09:03 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,595 times
Google has already made the patch to basically remove the "infringing" parts - I think it's complete BS, apple is so sue-happy with Samsung and Google right now it's ridiculous. I understand the need to protect your product but suing for things like slide to unlock, voice searching, how icons are laid out on the screen....overboard in my opinion.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Google has already made the patch to basically remove the "infringing" parts - I think it's complete BS, apple is so sue-happy with Samsung and Google right now it's ridiculous. I understand the need to protect your product but suing for things like slide to unlock, voice searching, how icons are laid out on the screen....overboard in my opinion.
If anyone is in college looking to get into law. Go into digital law and patents because the ride is only going to get bigger. Its likely you will have a secure career worth 3 lifetimes lol

Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
Yep these ridiculous patent wars and trolling hurt consumers the most. The entire patent system needs to be reworked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones