U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-14-2012, 10:01 PM

877 posts, read 919,039 times

Advertisements

After thoroughly searching for the cheapest possible price for the Samsung Galaxy S 3 for T-Mobile, I found that Walmart and Costco have the cheapest prices. I'm not about to pay $330 for a phone - even after an upgrade. The local Walmart here is about 10 miles away, so I went to Costco. It was time for an upgrade for my Family Plan so their S3 was $199 and sold out at the moment, so the associate suggested I get the S2 for now, call me on Monday to notify me about the status of the S3 to exchange and pay the $50 difference. The problem is that the phone comes in blue. I want the white one because I don't like the metallic blue color very much and the guy said they are not sure if they'll get the white one.

I want to know.. if I go to T-Mobile and ask for an exchange for the white one, is this allowable? The guy said no, but I thought I'd ask, since T-Mobile sounds like they "value" their customers oh-so-much and go "above & beyond".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM

2,187 posts, read 2,682,560 times
Can you not just wait a few days/weeks till they get stock? Why waste 50 bucks on a stopgap? Do you need a new phone right this instant?

To answer your question, you can exchange the phone but you will pay another restocking fee (probably 50 again).

Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 AM

2,165 posts, read 2,174,210 times
If you buy a handset from a reseller, you have to exchange it through them. Tmobile will not allow you to exchange at their store in your case. Technically if the phone is defective during the first 30 days it is the same policy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones