Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 06:05 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Not true. 14 days(and the restocking fee) and you an cancel your new contract and go back.
Correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Not true. 14 days(and the restocking fee) and you an cancel your new contract and go back.
The OP has effectively ended the old contract. Under Verizon one can cancel a new contract and not pay the termination fee within 14 days. But where does it say in writing that a person can undo the switch and revert back to a plan that no longer exists?

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
While it may or may not say it, I got that info direct from BOTH the Verizon rep and the rep at Costco where I bought it.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 AM

633 posts, read 723,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
The other day I used my 'upgrade' from a Droid 3g [with unlimited data package] to a Samsung Note 2 4G.
Little did I know that by switching from 3G to 4G AND using the discounted phone price, I would get KNOCKED OUT of my unlimited data plan.

Now Verizon wants me to pay 40$ a month for 2 gigs.
So I went looking for a newer 3G phone on Verizon's site---and OF COURSE they only have one--the Apple 3 or something...
I wanted the Note because the screen was bigger.
In 5 days I already used 1 gig of data.
Suggestions?
I downloaded 3 small games--none get playing online
TMZ mobile app.
3 nightly news apps.
thats it!
I LOLd at TMZ mobile app. tho i can understand there was a dark period in my life that i was addicted to it. not the app but online on my pc. but the constant degrading of britney spears coz i was 'addicted' reading tmz online same time britney is into her vagina flashing/shave head/crazy phase. i just felt sorry for britney and really hate whoever were writing those articles. til i just got fed up with all the trash talk.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
1GB in 5 days is seriously extreme. How much data does that TMZ app use?!?!?

Old 12-27-2012, 08:56 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
While it may or may not say it, I got that info direct from BOTH the Verizon rep and the rep at Costco where I bought it.
These are salespeople and thus their words are not binding contracts. Have you called Verizon directly and have they told you that you can revert back to the old plan if the new contract is voided within 14 days?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,347,099 times
Quote:
......I got that info direct from BOTH the Verizon rep and the rep at Costco where I bought it.
Did you get it in writing ?? The Costco rep cannot make promises they can't keep (at least not officially), only a Verizon rep could make such changes.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
I can tell you this. Me and my wife got new phones on Saturday - iPhone 5 for her, and a Samsung Galaxy S3 for me, and a day after we left the store, we had already used almost 45% of our 2GB limit. what I think happens is that if you want apps transferred to your new phone, they use your wireless data to do the transfer. My wife had apps and music from the iCloud, and the sales rep transferred all of her stuff onto her new iPhone. Nice of him, but he wound up eating up (like I said) almost half of our month's data in one day. If I had know this was going to happen, i would have told her to wait and download everything at home once I got her phone on our home Wifi.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:10 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
:::UPDATE:::

So today I went back to Costco and my local Verizon store.
Both companies said I 100% could go back to my old unlimited data package.
Not a problem at all.
In fact, the Verizon store offered that option to me before I could even ask.
So I'm sure it's doable.
However just like Skinguy37, I ate up a ton of data with the initial 'set up' of the new phone. Yeah..2000+ songs is a lot of data.
Costco couldn't figure that out, but the Verizon rep did.
She said it was quite common. She also said that most customers only have the 2 gig package.
Our 3 month history showed we only used a half gig---even though we had unlimited.

I still have time to back out. I dunno.....

Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,461,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I can tell you this. Me and my wife got new phones on Saturday - iPhone 5 for her, and a Samsung Galaxy S3 for me, and a day after we left the store, we had already used almost 45% of our 2GB limit. what I think happens is that if you want apps transferred to your new phone, they use your wireless data to do the transfer. My wife had apps and music from the iCloud, and the sales rep transferred all of her stuff onto her new iPhone. Nice of him, but he wound up eating up (like I said) almost half of our month's data in one day. If I had know this was going to happen, i would have told her to wait and download everything at home once I got her phone on our home Wifi.
Quote:
:::UPDATE:::

So today I went back to Costco and my local Verizon store.
Both companies said I 100% could go back to my old unlimited data package.
Not a problem at all.
In fact, the Verizon store offered that option to me before I could even ask.
So I'm sure it's doable.
However just like Skinguy37, I ate up a ton of data with the initial 'set up' of the new phone. Yeah..2000+ songs is a lot of data.
Costco couldn't figure that out, but the Verizon rep did.
She said it was quite common. She also said that most customers only have the 2 gig package.
Our 3 month history showed we only used a half gig---even though we had unlimited.

I still have time to back out. I dunno.....
Lesson learned: use a Wifi connection to transfer data from your old phone. You should also setup your phone to always use your WiFi connection at home and work, if WiFi is available at these locations. In general. 2BG/Month should be plenty for the average user.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones