Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

My phone memory is almost full slowing down the phone. I don't have anything on that memory, all applications are in mass memory and all pics on a memory stick. I have tried to move data to mass memory but I have already moved all that I can and still have only 26MB free space in phone memory.
Does anyone here use N8 and can help? Already googled the question but didn't found any answers.
Cleaned messages, no images, no sound files, no videos, no Java apps, just few kb's in calendar, contacts, and documents.
Most of the phone memory is eaten by SIS applications and "others". I can't access those to see what's going on.
Thank you!!

Last edited by elnina; 03-04-2013 at 11:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:50 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
Hi elnina,

Yes that is a common S60 issue, not particularly specific to the N8, which BTW is still a great phone!

Sounds like you might have cache problems. Go to options>Clear Privacy Data> Cache

You mentioned that you have photos and things like that on the SD card, but you might have applications also stored on the C drive. This can be fixed by 'moving' those apps to the SD card by highlighting the app in the applications folder and pulling up the options menu and simply 'move to SD'.

Otherwise, last but not least, save all your data, backup and do a factory reset.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones