Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times

Advertisements

This new cell phone accessory may be intended to be used with a Nextel Motorola phone. Not sure.

Worn on the belt and secured by the two lower snap buttons.

Can anyone match this item with what cell phone or other device it might be used with?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone I.D. a Nextel - Motorola - cell phone accessory?-file0724.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 05:41 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,835,336 times
It looks like a belt clip accessory that I know they made for the big yellow industrial/military grade nextel phones in the early 2000's. It had another part that clipped onto or the phone slid into that had the round button sort of thing that slid into the part in the picture. It wasn't completely round, it was D shaped so you had to hold the phone parallel to the ground, slide the tab into the clip and then rotate the phone down perpendicular to the ground. To get the phone back out, you had to do the opposite by rotating and then sliding it out. It was made so the phone was secure, wouldn't pop out on it's own but was easy for the use to get out. It was an extremely well made high quality clip. I had one of them and knew quite a number of other people that had them for their nextels at the time. I can't remember the name of the company that made them but one of the local nextel retailers in our area that everybody used kept them in stock. I may still have mine put away somewhere but I haven't seen it in years.

Last edited by dijkstra; 02-09-2013 at 05:50 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 PM

I found a different model phone on Amazon that has one on it but I don't think the listing gives much detail. It does have a picture though: Amazon.com: Nextel i686 Heavy Duty Nylon Case with Metal Clip. Lifetime Warranty, Made in U.S.A.!!!: Everything Else

Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM

I did a little more digging after thinking about it for a few minutes....the brand name came to me. The brand name for the real ones that were so good is "Rugged Holster." Here is a good picture of one with both parts: i80, Rugged Holster, w/ Hard Swivel Clip

I had a couple of these and they are indestructible. Once I had mine clipped on my front pocket of my blue jeans and my phone got hung on something while I was running around working on something and I ripped the top of the pocket off my jeans.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I did a little more digging after thinking about it for a few minutes....the brand name came to me. The brand name for the real ones that were so good is "Rugged Holster." Here is a good picture of one with both parts: i80, Rugged Holster, w/ Hard Swivel Clip

I had a couple of these and they are indestructible. Once I had mine clipped on my front pocket of my blue jeans and my phone got hung on something while I was running around working on something and I ripped the top of the pocket off my jeans.
Thanks.
I know the owner has always used Nextel. He gave me the bag of old phones to sell for him on Ebay.
I can't sell it unless I know a name. None required this belt clip.

This is a nice leather holster. New.
But, it may not work on any current phones and thus be of no value.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM

These are as close as I can find as far as matching photos.

The leather one in the package is a match.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone I.D. a Nextel - Motorola - cell phone accessory?-kgrhqr-g4e3u-gpbpbomfkriniq-1_3.jpg   Anyone I.D. a Nextel - Motorola - cell phone accessory?-kgrhqnhjfye916-cipbpovzjokhg-60_57.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones