U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM

810 posts, read 1,148,944 times

Advertisements

For SMS as well? Or just iMessage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,677,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
For SMS as well? Or just iMessage?
Just Messages (I don't think it's called iMessage in the latest iOS version.)

I may have sent one or two texts to non-iPhone people, but then it wouldn't be in Messages, would it?
Sorry, I'm new to this. I'm one of those who said I would Never text, and yet. . . I do.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM

13,325 posts, read 20,371,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Just Messages (I don't think it's called iMessage in the latest iOS version.)

I may have sent one or two texts to non-iPhone people, but then it wouldn't be in Messages, would it?
Sorry, I'm new to this. I'm one of those who said I would Never text, and yet. . . I do.
Messages app - green is for non-iphone (text message), and blue is for iphone/ipad/mac. Both are in the same app.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 AM

14,523 posts, read 7,677,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Messages app - green is for non-iphone (text message), and blue is for iphone/ipad/mac. Both are in the same app.
That makes sense. . .it appears I've never had a message from other than an iPhone user.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
She's been dropping calls and getting a "No SIM Card" error.
-sigh-
Really?

Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Took to Verizon and they replaced the SIM card. Apparently a very common issue.
Working fine now.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 AM

5,894 posts, read 4,418,296 times
My wife is an Apple "fanboi" ur...."fangurl" and she won't use anything else unless it's a MAC, iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc....and while I recognize that MACs generally seem to work better for those doing some type of artistic creation (graphics arts, music) I see them as something very over priced for general use. I LOVE my iPad, but you know what I use it for more than anything right now? The Phrase Friends game, LOL!!! I DO have a Garageband app on it that's neat, but so far, it's been mostly Phrase Friends and general internet stuff while I'm sitting down in front of the TV. BUT, I'd probably say the same thing if I had gotten a Nexxus tablet as well.

While I'd LOVE to have an Apple Macbook, I just can't justify spending that type of money right now.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 AM

5,702 posts, read 16,478,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
My wife is an Apple "fanboi" ur...."fangurl" and she won't use anything else unless it's a MAC, iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc....and while I recognize that MACs generally seem to work better for those doing some type of artistic creation (graphics arts, music) I see them as something very over priced for general use. I LOVE my iPad, but you know what I use it for more than anything right now? The Phrase Friends game, LOL!!! I DO have a Garageband app on it that's neat, but so far, it's been mostly Phrase Friends and general internet stuff while I'm sitting down in front of the TV. BUT, I'd probably say the same thing if I had gotten a Nexxus tablet as well.

While I'd LOVE to have an Apple Macbook, I just can't justify spending that type of money right now.
Years ago I switched from PC to Mac. I was in design school and my teacher said it would be best to go to Mac. When I blew up my laptop running the design suite, I decided to make the switch. I was pretty nervous and macs arent cheap. I kept thinking, what if I plunk down a grand on something and hate it? So I finally decided to get an iMac. It took me a couple of hours to pretty much master it and figure out where everything was. I was shocked it was so easy.

I then bought a white macbook later in the year, by this time I was hooked on the macs and no longer wanted to get stuck with A PC in my design classes. So I had 2 new macs. Aside from enjoying how macs function, I also think they are a solid investment, here's why. I bought both computers in 2007. My son now has the macbook and my mother now has my iMac. Both run like a champ. There is no way out of all the PC's Ive owned has any of them been worth a damn after the 3 yr mark.

Last edited by fallingwater; 03-14-2013 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: misspelling

Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,561,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
There is no way out of all the PC's Ive owned has any of them been worth a damn after the 3 yr mark.
this is the product of lack of understanding what makes a PC last, most people just buy what they see without knowing what they're getting into.... with apple everything is the same, with PCs you have to understand that the 5400 rpm drive you just bought is going to make your i3 dual core feel like a P2 slot

it all comes down to this. Do you want something that works off the shelf with no thought about the internals but is a little more expensive? Or do you want something you can research, invest some time into and get a better bang for your buck?

"I don't care about anything, I just want it to work and work well and I don't care if it costs more" = get a mac/iPhone/iPad
"I prefer getting the best deal I can by comparing specs of various models and I don't want to overpay" = get a PC/android/windows phone/tablet

Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM

5,894 posts, read 4,418,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
There is no way out of all the PC's Ive owned has any of them been worth a damn after the 3 yr mark.
What brand of PCs did you purchase? All of the Dell computers I have ever owned have worked for 10 years or close to it. Actually, I have a laptop right now that's seven years old, still working just fine. A home computer that's three years old - brand new! And two Dell computers at work in which one is ten years old, the other about seven. Both are still functioning pretty well. I think it's all in how you use the thing, where you store it, how you take care of them. Not saying you treated yours badly, but I've always been able to get much more than three years out of my PCs.

On the other hand, my wife used an Apple laptop for about three years and said it got "too slow", so her workplace replaced it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones