U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
 
1,009 posts, read 1,561,474 times
Reputation: 846

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I am constantly using the 4 finger swipe to close an app on my Android tablet. Oops! That doesn't work. That's an iPad feature.
there's an app for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=8U1jtGbe9jA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,815 posts, read 13,954,365 times
Reputation: 8047
Shut up! LOL
I have searched the Market more than once looking for "an app for that".
Thanks!! I'm trying that out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
 
1,009 posts, read 1,561,474 times
Reputation: 846
haha, np
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 85,072,495 times
Reputation: 18083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaquish View Post
jitterbug "just works."

:d
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
11,815 posts, read 13,954,365 times
Reputation: 8047
Couldn't use that app. Tablet is not rooted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM
 
16,834 posts, read 14,426,707 times
Reputation: 20750
The only "working" issue I ever had with multiple gens of iphones is when my daughter got her new 4s she was doing a clean set up instead of just restoring from an old backup.

So she has to enter the family shared appleid for music and then when she was asked for her imessage id she entered that apple id too. She was getting my text messages for an entire day. It was actually really annoying.

Besides that I was sort of enamored of my brothers galaxy note (he switched from an iphone 4) for awhile except whenever we go somewhere together he is always borrowing my phone to look stuff up, play my games, etc. Makes me pretty sure I do not want to switch.

Which begs a couple of questions that maybe the op or someone else can answer?

If you want to switch from iphone to android and have all your music and other media in iTunes, can you still play it on an android?

How do you share music on one computer/account with multiple phones? Is it simple or hard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 PM
 
5,702 posts, read 16,472,076 times
Reputation: 8582
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The only "working" issue I ever had with multiple gens of iphones is when my daughter got her new 4s she was doing a clean set up instead of just restoring from an old backup.

So she has to enter the family shared appleid for music and then when she was asked for her imessage id she entered that apple id too. She was getting my text messages for an entire day. It was actually really annoying.

Besides that I was sort of enamored of my brothers galaxy note (he switched from an iphone 4) for awhile except whenever we go somewhere together he is always borrowing my phone to look stuff up, play my games, etc. Makes me pretty sure I do not want to switch.

Which begs a couple of questions that maybe the op or someone else can answer?

If you want to switch from iphone to android and have all your music and other media in iTunes, can you still play it on an android?

How do you share music on one computer/account with multiple phones? Is it simple or hard?
The issue you ran into with the share text messages is sharing the apple id. The use of connectivity makes it great if you have an iphone, ipad etc. Basically whatever you put on your phone, all your other devices that share the same apple id, then will share that info. Great if its all your devices, not so great if you share an apple id with family members. The work around for this is, have your daughter get her own apple id just for facetime and iMessage. Then she can sign into iTunes with the share apple id for the purchases. Sharing icloud is bad news as well. Have your daughter use her own apple id for that as well.

As far as playing songs on your android is moving music from one format to another. When my husband switched to the galaxy, I used an software program I found on line that was free, changed it all over and then synced his phone to the computer. I would say my husband's galaxy is faster than my iPhone however I am using the 4s and he has the galaxy 3. If I had an iphone 5 then I could make a better comparison. I had android a while back and didnt really care for it. Mainly because I was used to the iphone and I have two macs and an ipad. I like the connectivity between all my stuff. My husband enjoys his phone due to the screen size and speed but he does struggle with using it for other things that surfing youtube. He isnt very tech savvy. I think he enjoyed the iphone better in terms of more detailed use. He would have got an iphone 5 except every store in our area was sold out for over a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas nv
966 posts, read 1,217,506 times
Reputation: 307
I, a non-techie had to go Verizon due to local mountains.
Had an android.
Tried to go cheaper than iPhone 4 due to monthly service charges
But Verizon literally wasn't supporting anymore. Ina housemate situation;
No landline so needed reliability. On the phone on queues enough.

Well, 12. Hours after I left Verizon w/iPhone I'm finally reach
Senior apple tech support. By this time I'm in so much pain
(My health issue) I can't work Anymore.
Fortunately the tech has a relative w/similar health things.
Gave me his # & hours & permission to call when I could.


Did so - sat there iPhone in computer (cloud, tunes???? - have
To use the phone!).

My housemate called it phone psycho & forgave me.

Had to restore to cloud 3 times since 5/12. Min time =
5 hours.

But, it's great. Looking for a rental or purchase & peruse emails w/
Ft up. Not what I would call easy.
Housemate has android & AT&T & constAntly losing calls.
Love the phone but when they need restore or activation
It's really hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 PM
 
16,834 posts, read 14,426,707 times
Reputation: 20750
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
The issue you ran into with the share text messages is sharing the apple id. The use of connectivity makes it great if you have an iphone, ipad etc. Basically whatever you put on your phone, all your other devices that share the same apple id, then will share that info. Great if its all your devices, not so great if you share an apple id with family members. The work around for this is, have your daughter get her own apple id just for facetime and iMessage. Then she can sign into iTunes with the share apple id for the purchases. Sharing icloud is bad news as well. Have your daughter use her own apple id for that as well.
I apologize if I wasn't clear, this was an issue for literally A day. I know all of that, and have since we both had iphones years ago. She just forgot when she got a new phone and wasn't paying attention.

Quote:
As far as playing songs on your android is moving music from one format to another. When my husband switched to the galaxy, I used an software program I found on line that was free, changed it all over and then synced his phone to the computer. I would say my husband's galaxy is faster than my iPhone however I am using the 4s and he has the galaxy 3. If I had an iphone 5 then I could make a better comparison. I had android a while back and didnt really care for it. Mainly because I was used to the iphone and I have two macs and an ipad. I like the connectivity between all my stuff. My husband enjoys his phone due to the screen size and speed but he does struggle with using it for other things that surfing youtube. He isnt very tech savvy. I think he enjoyed the iphone better in terms of more detailed use. He would have got an iphone 5 except every store in our area was sold out for over a month.
How long did it take to move how many songs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 PM
 
5,702 posts, read 16,472,076 times
Reputation: 8582
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
How long did it take to move how many songs?
He only had about a 100 songs. Not long at all. Maybe 20 min. but that included time downloading the software, connecting the phone etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top