U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 PM

8,679 posts, read 9,452,941 times

Advertisements

I am listening to Pandora as I type this on my iPhone. Is that something that you can do on an android phone? I am told you can't. Is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,561,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I am listening to Pandora as I type this on my iPhone. Is that something that you can do on an android phone? I am told you can't. Is that true?
That's absolutely not true.

In fact, here's me reading facebook chat, reading reddit and listening to pandora all at the same time:

Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 AM

8,679 posts, read 9,452,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post
That's absolutely not true.

In fact, here's me reading facebook chat, reading reddit and listening to pandora all at the same time:
Good. Nice to know!

Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 AM

26,345 posts, read 83,917,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
- Having to use a separate charger all the time when I have several micro USB chargers.

- The battery life could be better for talking. Even after I turn off all the apps you can turn off (I also don't use any push notifications, banners, location services, etc), I've noticed that it's almost 1% battery life for 2 minutes of having the phone connected to another line. Also, because the ear speaker is so small, even when it's loud, it sounds somewhat compressed.
Also, just about every other phone in the world allows you to quickly swap out a dead battery for a fresh one. I bought three 2300mAh batteries and a wall charger for my Samsung Galaxy note for about $15. I keep fresh batteries in my backpack. By the end of the day, my battery is down to 20% and I swap in a fresh one and stick the 20% battery in a charger. So easy and cheap and effective.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,061 times
I switched from iOS to Android and I am really happy about it. Things are easier to customize, easier to manage, I found tons of interesting apps and I can say that I am pretty happy about it. I now have a Samsung Note 2 and it`s really useful.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,561,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieAnne237 View Post
I switched from iOS to Android and I am really happy about it. Things are easier to customize, easier to manage, I found tons of interesting apps and I can say that I am pretty happy about it. I now have a Samsung Note 2 and it`s really useful.
I loooooooove my note 2 Currently running action launcher...awesome launcher so far.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM

850 posts, read 1,105,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Everyone is different and there is no perfect phone for everyone. Or anyone, to be honest. We can find things we like on one phone, other things on another, and yet more on another. It would be great if we could combine them all into one phone but that will never really happen.
This, and adding "for every application".

I LOOOOVVVVVEEEE my Blackberrys as work phones, as the integration for email and work related contact lists is AWESOME. Neither iOS or Android comes even remotely close to how well Blackberry works for this. I've also noticed that the Blackberry OS is dang near rock stable, compared to anything Apple or Google has pushed out the door.

For nearly everything else - I go to my Android phone, especially for anything multimedia related.

For a while I tried iPhones - a 3GS, and Dad's old 4S. As others noted - lack of a back button, and applications all being designed slightly different was really annoying to me, and I don't care how many people claim the iOS keyboard is the best there is, I never liked it. Especially having to switch to a different screen for numerical entry - this really bites when you have passwords with many numbers and symbols mixed in. Another beef is having to jailbreak the phones to get anything non Apple approved on the phones. I haven't even had to root my Android phones to do what I want.

The things I really miss from the iPhones though - the text magnifier when you need to accurately place a cursor in the middle of an web page address or block of text. There's probably an Android mod or app to do this as well, but I haven't really looked for it. I'm missing the 30 pin dock connector much more though - it meant TONS of aftermarket support, and the same accessories being able to be used across multiple phones rather than buying all new stuff every time I change an Android phone, because all the ports are in different locations or much more frequently - having to settle for "universal" stuff.

Of course, with the Lightning plug on the iPhone 5, this is now a moot point, and what really sealed the deal on me going back to Android.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:11 PM

4,359 posts, read 9,510,863 times
I don't own a single Apple product. They are too overhyped and overpriced. Besides, I have read articles about how Apple artificially inflates the price on their products to lead users to believe they are getting a superior product.

I bought a 10" Samsung tablet for $300. The cheapest, 7" Ipads start at $500. Forget it.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 PM

13,325 posts, read 20,371,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I don't own a single Apple product. They are too overhyped and overpriced. Besides, I have read articles about how Apple artificially inflates the price on their products to lead users to believe they are getting a superior product.

I bought a 10" Samsung tablet for $300. The cheapest, 7" Ipads start at $500. Forget it.
I think you'd better go back and check that. It's not true.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:09 PM

235 posts, read 413,525 times
If you prefer LEGO, go Android
if DUPLO is more your style, stick with Apple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones