U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:11 AM

164 posts, read 283,909 times

Advertisements

I love my Motorola Droid RAZR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 PM

4,100 posts, read 6,242,662 times
I got a Nokia 822 two weeks ago from Verizon. The rep that helped me had the same phone and said he really liked it. Come to find out, he doesn't really know how to use his phone and when I went back with questions he couldn't help me, and kind of just ignored the problems I was having that he couldn't fix. I like how the phone handles phone calls, text messages, and the two email accounts I have. The data plan I have is not expensive either because the phone usually is online via Wi Fi. The things I don't like about the phone are getting online help, the problems you have are just never discussed. This phone handles photos well, but lumps them all together instead of making it possible to separate them. I'm really into music, being a former DJ, this phone does the poorest job of handling music of any phone I've ever had. Jazz. Blues, Rock, and C&W are all mixed together and displayed by album name rather than by the title of the song. Once you hit play, the only way to silence the phone is to pause the music. There is no stop button to shut off the music. I downloaded music from a Win 7 computer onto the SD Card and later deleted those music files because of the jumbled up mess it made. So far I have not been able to get the music off the phone, even after deleting the files on the SD Card with the computer. Music has appeared on the phone that I didn't have and didn't download, in the form of albums for sale. I can't get rid of them! There is an app called "Office" for documents. It has a document in it's Sky Drive area I want to delete and can't find a way to delete it. The bad news is I went to Verizon's online help chat line and the person I chatted with couldn't help me either. I'm sorry I bought this phone and wish I wouldn't have wasted the money and stayed with my old phone and U.S. Cellular.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:45 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,381,734 times
There are plenty of you tube videos to help you figure out your problems. Also Google yor problem and phone. Info.

I have had my note 2 for a couple of weeks and love it.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,966,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I got a Nokia 822 two weeks ago from Verizon.
There's your first problem.
You bough the phone that has 2% of the market and less then 100,000 apps. An Android or Apple phone would have been better suited for you, to be honest. Don't like how the phone handles music? There are 10 other apps that will let you manage your music (if not more) on Android. and your photos. And and and....

Old 04-15-2013, 12:48 PM

4,100 posts, read 6,242,662 times
Default Cell Phones and Smartphones > Favoriite Verizon Smartphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
There's your first problem.
You bough the phone that has 2% of the market and less then 100,000 apps. An Android or Apple phone would have been better suited for you, to be honest. Don't like how the phone handles music? There are 10 other apps that will let you manage your music (if not more) on Android. and your photos. And and and....
Yeah, I learned too late. I should have gotten on this forum and done some reading. I've been a C-D forum user for sometime now, but have never gotten on this part of the forum until now. I almost got an Iphone, but choose this one because it made use of an SD Card and the IPhone didn't, and the rep that helped me had one of these phones and said it was wonderful. I found out later that he didn't know how to use his own phone. I've used Google to read online help, but the help is not much good. In the end I will end up calling Nokia tech support and hope they can help me.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 PM

48,516 posts, read 85,104,801 times
My wife and friends love their Iphone 4 still and see no need to upgrade. I am glad because she has had a few before this she didn't keep long and was always searching.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM

63 posts, read 75,512 times
Consult customes service, technical, Nokia

Old 04-18-2013, 11:08 AM

1,443 posts, read 2,572,263 times
I can't decide on a verizon phone either. Looking at the droid dna, s3/s4 or razor hd maxx. None of them really wow me and I'm not a fan of the larger phone sizes. I like the size of the current Thunderbolt that I'm using.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,966,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson15 View Post
I love my Motorola Droid RAZR
I just got the RAZR HD 2 days ago.
I LOVE IT. I didn't think I would like it nearly as much as I do.
I, like Brill, was anti-large screen phones. I absolutely would not get a larger phone then the RAZR HD which is why the Galaxy phones were never a consideration for me.
The larger screen on this compared to my last phone is so worth it. It is gorgeous.
It is fast, the camera rocks.... I am really happy with this phone.

Brill, if you want something a touch smaller look at the "base model RAZR" called the RAZR M. It is smaller but has this nearly edge to edge screen that really maximizes the screen in a slightly smaller foot print.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 PM

1,443 posts, read 2,572,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Brill, if you want something a touch smaller look at the "base model RAZR" called the RAZR M. It is smaller but has this nearly edge to edge screen that really maximizes the screen in a slightly smaller foot print.
I actually stopped by a verizon store yesterday to check out some phones. I saw the razr m and liked the size. Only downside I have on that phone is that I plan on rooting and it doesn't look like there is a ton of developer support for it. I the razor hd max was ok size wise as well. Right now I am leaning towards that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones