U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:32 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,564,110 times

Advertisements

have a droid razor M love it. it never let me down good batter life and call quality fast internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 04:51 PM

5,893 posts, read 11,521,959 times
I just upgraded to the Samsung III. Compared to my former phone, it's so wonderful that I didn't even consider waiting for the IV. I'm absolutely crazy about this phone and all it's capable of. Like the size of it too. Great camera with 8 megapixels.

I paid $98 at Sam's Club when it was still $198 at Verizon and Costco. Went to Costco a week or two later, and they were selling it for only $49. Wish I had waited a tad longer, but it was still worth what I paid.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM

4,100 posts, read 6,242,143 times
Well I had planned to call Nokia Tech support for help with my Nokia 822, but I changed my mind and bought an iPhone 4 instead. I was having trouble making calls from my home with both the Nokia and the iPhone, however, standing in front of the carport calls could be made with no trouble. I called Verizon Tech support and was told to get a Network Extender, so $249.99 later I had it installed and found it didn't receive a good enough signal to help. Back to Verizon Tech support, this time for 5 hours. I talked to three different people and in the end got 5 bars on my phone, after getting the Network Extender properly installed and working. I'm happy, I get good reception. Several times I was ready to give up and go back to my old carrier.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 AM

2,857 posts, read 4,122,718 times
I still have my first gen Samsung Fascinate and I love it. I hate that they don't make it anymore. I really like Samsung but for SOME reason they think people want to have mini-iPads as phones.

When I heard about the S3 I thought about getting it until I walked into the store and say that tablet. I'm a woman with small hands. I have a Kindle. I don't need something huge for a phone. I'm on the move a lot and it doesn't fit comfortable in my pockets.

I really don't like Mac software so I won't ever get an iPhone.

I just feel like Android is trying to compensate against Apple with the sizing. I'm picky about phones and user friendliness aside I want it decently discreet to whip out, check something then conceal. With these new Verizon's I don't feel like I can do that.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
With these new Verizon's I don't feel like I can do that.
The Droid Incredible 4 is smaller then your Fascinate. The RAZR M is mere mm's larger then the Dinc4.
VZW still has smaller phones. Don't be blinded by Samsung's giant phones.

They did give up on that Fascinate line pretty fast for some reason. It was a decent phone.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:38 PM

27,149 posts, read 64,366,302 times
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II. It is big, but still fits in my pocket. The screen is big enough I do not have to go hunting for reading glasses to see anything. It has more processing power than most phones because it is sort of a cross between a phone and tablet. Battery life is great unless i use navigation. Movies tend to drain it quickly too. Decent camera. everything works pretty well. It has what seem to be typical android problems though (Crashes, frequent nuttiness where it jsut randomply does things, or you tap a button and it brings up an app that is nto even on that screen.. . .

Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,494,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Well I had planned to call Nokia Tech support for help with my Nokia 822, but I changed my mind and bought an iPhone 4 instead.
I know someone who tried the Nokia 822 Win phone, too. The mapping didn't work right and wasn't giving street names, and the maps were horribly inaccurate even after all updates were installed. They called Verizon who couldn't figure it out, so the Verizon rep did a three-way call with a "senior" Nokia rep. The Nokia rep said, quote, "You should not expect phones to be able to give you street names during navigation - phone just can't do that".

They wound up going with the iPhone after returning the 822, after that call.

For myself, I really do appreciate the extended battery life of the Droid Razr Maxx HD. I easily go two full days without having to charge it, and it makes a different in the way you enjoy using your phone when you're not having to worry about the power on it constantly. It's two weaknesses are the larger size and the camera isn't quite as good as the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy models, but its not horrible, either. Casemate sells a two part case for it that fits like a tight glove, too. Haven't dropped a call yet on it, and the 4G antennae seems to be strong as well.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 AM

13,325 posts, read 20,371,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
I really don't like Mac software so I won't ever get an iPhone.
The iPhone does not run Mac software.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:15 AM

5,893 posts, read 11,521,959 times
I know the Samsung phones are large, but I like that. The case I haved for my Samsung Galaxy S III is easier to hold onto than my former phone. I like the larger screen (My eyes aren't what they used to be), and I like how flat it is, which makes it fit easier in my bags too. It even feels more comfortable when I'm holding the phone to my ear. I never liked talking on my cell phone before, but I don't mind now. I do have a bluetooth earpiece that I can use if I travel, but most people call me on it when I'm at home as it's free for them cell to cell vs. calling on my home phone.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 PM

2,857 posts, read 4,122,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The iPhone does not run Mac software.
I've heard many liken the iPhones vs Android to a Mac vs Windows comparison as far as user friendlessness, capabilities and hype. IMO people get Macs because they like them but there's still a huge number to where it's just in to have a Mac like it's in to have an iPhone over everything else.

Even people at the Verizon stores saying that's the best way to compare with the should I get a iPhone or keep an Android.

Randomly say what computer should you get and regardless of hearing what you want people say just get a Mac the same with phones just get an iPhone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones