U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,029,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
If you don't need it right away, a Verizon version of the HTC One (no X, no S, just "One") should be out in a couple of months.
It's available now, from other carriers, and for much less than the Maxx HD (as low as $50 with contract, vs. $200 for the Maxx.) Verizon will apparently have it by the end of the Summer. Can anyone comment on how the HTC One holds up against the Razor Maxx HD? I am looking to get one of these phones when my contract is up. I love my Droid Bionic, but the screen is cracked.

I am also considering whether or not the iPhone 5 would be a good choice, in light of the new iOS7 that was recently announced. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,091 times
I think sumsung galaxy s4 is better than other smartphone. I like it too much

Old 06-28-2013, 09:03 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
Can anyone comment on how the HTC One holds up against the Razor Maxx HD? I am looking to get one of these phones when my contract is up. I love my Droid Bionic, but the screen is cracked.
HTC V RAZR MAXX
Both very comparable. Build quality is good on both, slight edge to the One. The One has no competition there. It is built like a tank and feels good in your hand.
Battery life obviously the Maxx destroys every other phone on the market. It really is that good.
I am a big fan of the One and IF it had a memory card slot and was on VZW I'd own one.
Since it does not, I have the white RAZR HD (not Maxx) with a card that makes it a 48GB phone.
My boss has the Maxx though and with light use it went 4 days for him once.
If the card slot isn't important to you and you are ok with "normal" battery life (which means plug it in every night), get the One.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,029,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
HTC V RAZR MAXX
Both very comparable. Build quality is good on both, slight edge to the One. The One has no competition there. It is built like a tank and feels good in your hand.
Battery life obviously the Maxx destroys every other phone on the market. It really is that good.
I am a big fan of the One and IF it had a memory card slot and was on VZW I'd own one.
Since it does not, I have the white RAZR HD (not Maxx) with a card that makes it a 48GB phone.
My boss has the Maxx though and with light use it went 4 days for him once.
If the card slot isn't important to you and you are ok with "normal" battery life (which means plug it in every night), get the One.
Thanks for the advice. Like you, I am a Verizon fan, and will therefore go for the Razr HD Maxx. I do a lot of browsing/e-mail. I have an "extended" battery in my Droid Bionic that dies before I get home on some days, so battery life is an issue. I like the idea of removable storage as well. My upgrade date is 07/05, and the screen on my current phone is cracked. I therefore don't want to wait for the One to make its way onto Verizon's shelves.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:07 PM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
You're welcome.
Another advantage to the RAZR line is that since Google now owns Motorola I bet that the Moto phones will get the next version of Android way before the HTC ones do (this fall). HTC is notoriously bad at updates already. The Incredible 4G is STILL stuck on Honeycomb.

//EDIT
PS. It's not that I love VZW. Work buys my phones and pays for my plans, so I have no choice in carriers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones