Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:17 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,095,405 times

Advertisements

I was just curious how particular you guys are when you get used to your make of phone. My first smartphone ever was the HTC evo. I was so used to their layout, how to bring up menus, etc I didn't wanna switch to samsung. I just recently got an S4 and im familiar with it but still prefer HTC. I know some people stick to one maker and others are all about a particular phoen and will jump around. Just curious how loyal you guys are to a brand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 03:22 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,868,948 times
"Layout" doesn't mean squat to me. I use nova or Action Launcher and I use widgetlocker with root access for the lock screen. I don't even use the stock OS, usually some variant of CM or a TW based ROM.

It comes down to raw horsepower and battery life for me. (and a giant screen )

Old 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,747 times
doodlemagic, I know what you mean.

I am like customizing my phones much the same way adyn is referring to above.

With that said, even the HTC sense Ui is different though still the same theme than it was a couple of years ago. Same with Samsung and LG.

Generally, between them all, the placement of all the customization things and settings are more or less in the same spot. They are Android after all. Its just the slickness.

I agree the HTC of all of them is probably the coolest looking. I am not the biggest HTC phone fan per se except the HTC One.
Have you tried them out in the store at all? I really dont think you can go wrong with any of the tops from LG, Samsung or HTC.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:57 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I've had a smartphone since the Kyocera 6035 was your only "smartphone" (the term didn't exist then) option. I stuck with the Palm platform until I got the HTC Evo 4G, the day it was released. I'm currently using a Galaxy S3.

I prefer HTC over Samsung, but only marginally. The HTC phones I've had are just a little bit more responsive than the Samsungs. I like my S3 very much, but HTC edges out Samsung just a little. I'm using the S3 because I dumped the contract carriers, and (at the time, at least) the S3 was the best phone that my new carrier had.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:01 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,416,430 times
I liked some things about Samsung. Oddly enough I really like the email notification sound. I found it comforting or something weird. And the low battery sound.

But I love the HTC weather clock. Pretty soon my upgrade will be coming up, and I'm not sure if the HTCOne can display the weather clock like the 4g lte does. The photos look more like a windows phone.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:18 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Anything not Samsung is fine with me.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Definitely have some brand loyalty. I don't care about how the software is organized (that can be changed), but I do care about the hardware's build quality and design. I've always liked HTC because they actually devote attention to design and build quality. When I pick up and HTC device, I know it's going to instantly feel like a quality product that fits my hand like a glove. I've never been a fan of Samsung because their devices look and feel cheap.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 12-17-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-18-2013, 01:51 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Anything not Samsung is fine with me.
I agree. I am sure they make fine phones, but I find Samsungs to not be very intuitive for my brain. If I were going to get an android phone, it would be the HTC One.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
I've had very good experiences with HTC, had a Thunderbolt for 3.5 years, and now have an HTC One, which I'm happy with.

The old Thunderbolt, still going strong as a Android Pod in the hands of one of my grandsons. No SMS or cell service, but with WiFi, it makes a great little aPod or game machine.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,095,405 times
i wound up going with the s4 after listening to others stupid move. i hate it. super glitchy. wont upload to youtube, pandora, iheart radio and music streaming apps open but go crazy flippig thru hundreds of song and never play anything. i agree htc feel solid samsung feel like a piece of plastic which it is. damn my 14 day swap period expired looks like im stuck with this thing for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones