U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:03 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,572,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
the tourch was a big flaw in my opinion
The technology behind the Torch was a step in the right direction, but about two years too late. I wanted one back in the day, but am glad I never did.

I am, however, very happy with my z10 with a leaked OS 10.2 installed.

Here is an interesting article on the rise and downfall of RIM:

How BlackBerry blew it: The inside story - The Globe and Mail

It is a long read, but worthwhile in my opinion for anyone curious. There is a similar article about Microsoft, a few years old, that describes a similar "office culture". As it was written, Microsoft could have beat everyone to the game with mp3 players, tablets, and even cell phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:34 AM

2,310 posts, read 2,464,278 times
Got my Blackberry Z10 a few days ago. Been a BB user for over 8 years now since I still have an unlimited international data plan.

Thoughts ?

Bigger screen real estate and the new BB Hub organizes all your communication into one neat folder.

Several apps I was enjoying on my BB 9900 never upgraded to the Z10 so now I have even fewer apps than before.

If it wasn't for my plan I wouldn't own a cell phone...period.

Old 12-01-2014, 12:29 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,572,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Got my Blackberry Z10 a few days ago. Been a BB user for over 8 years now since I still have an unlimited international data plan.

Thoughts ?

Bigger screen real estate and the new BB Hub organizes all your communication into one neat folder.

Several apps I was enjoying on my BB 9900 never upgraded to the Z10 so now I have even fewer apps than before.

If it wasn't for my plan I wouldn't own a cell phone...period.
I have a Z10 as well. Love it. Install the Amazon App store or 1Mobile and you can install most Android apps onto the Z10 without the need to side load. Love it or hate it BB10 has Android Run Time.

I disagree with the OP. Checkout BlackBerry-centric websites or read the comments to the reviews of any BB10 device released to be proved wrong . That does not mean that BlackBerry is as popular now as it was in 2009, of course it is not and probably never will be. But to say that most people would not buy a BlackBerry is also wrong. Now, saying that most Americans would not buy a BlackBerry would be a correct statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones