U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 PM

1,903 posts, read 4,969,363 times

Advertisements

I've never had any meaningful problem with ATT and I've had at least two lines with them since '05. The cell service itself used to be terrible much of the time, but that cleared up around '07 and has been reasonably good since. Just went into the store yesterday and closed out two lines and had no problems. Was expecting a hard sell into smartphones (I have two Obamaphone-type phones) but I told him early on that I would not purchase any plan with a data limit and he was nice after that.

Had Nextel for a few years before that and had no problems with them, either, other than the phone not working in big-box size stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 AM

3,697 posts, read 5,886,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Well, did you sign a two-year agreement with them? You called them no good, two-faced, scoundrels, cons, unethical, and dishonest; all without supplying any details about why you feel they deserve such words or what they should have charged you. And if you really didn't care, by the way, you would not have felt the need to respond to my post.

And yes, my experience has been way different than yours.

I think I know what is going on with oldtoilet's story, but I will hold off on saying so if/when there is some clarification from him/her. But yes, T-Mo's customer service is not as good as it used to be.

If you didn't get the "details" of my post the first time I'm not going over it again. Really, why would I even want to start arguing with someone who has already discredited me? No thanks.

I would have started a new post and printed my rant but I saw a post already in relation to T-Mobile. That was my mistake.

As I said before...believe what you will. I stand by my original post whether you sanction it for validity or not. T-Mobile: the best bait and switch in town!.

Lastly, you said you think you know what's going on with my "story"? I hate to break it to you but I'm not writing fiction these days. And, I've already taken responsibility for being a dope and even entering into plan with T-Mobile. I don't have the will, the money, or a lawyer to fight them so I pay, and pay, and pay.

None of this changes my mind on how I think of them: crooks.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:20 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,571,425 times
Hey, I am not wanting to argue, just wanted some more insight into your situation since you used some harsh words to describe them. I just checked my My T-Mobile....I am being charged $85 for what I am not sure of. It is a one time fee (activation, etc.) that I thought I paid when I bought my phone, but there is no mention of it on my receipt. And, it looks like they enrolled me into their Premium Handset Protection plan, even though I told the sales rep I did not want it. To top it off, I have two separate payment due dates for two separate amounts, one tomorrow and and one on the 27th. I am also supposed to be able to do wifi calling/Internet, but the SIM they sold me does not allow it and I would have to purchase a new SIM for those features. I am not going to go as far as calling them crooks, but I have to say that as of this moment I am a bit confused. I do not remember having any of these issues when I was with them in the past and I wonder if I can install my old SIM to get wifi access?

Anyways, as far actual service is concerned, it is on par with what I experienced with Verizon, so no complaints there.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,677,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
No carrier has great customer service. That is about the last reason to choose any carrier.

I disagree . I've had Consumer Cellular for 10 years now and have had excellent customer service with not one occurrence of bad advice or service.

Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones