Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,893,409 times

Advertisements

I been hearing that so many people who have Iphones have to take their chargers with them when they go out in public for the day??? So does this mean the iphone doesn't stay charge all day long? Doesn't decrease the appeal of Iphones? What exactly is someone paying for when they buy a iphone if they always need to take their charger with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 AM

6,424 posts, read 10,257,958 times
Until battery technology is dramatically increased, just a limitation you need to acknowledge. Not Apple's fault.

In theory, the battery will last all day. The reality is that people make calls, listen to music and browse the Internet and that reduces battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Until battery technology is dramatically increased, just a limitation you need to acknowledge. Not Apple's fault.

In theory, the battery will last all day. The reality is that people make calls, listen to music and browse the Internet and that reduces battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Well I can take a fully charged blackberry to a cookout at 12pm in another state and when I return home I still have 2 bars left at 11pm.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:51 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,615,627 times
My HTC One X would get through a day with reasonable (not heavy) use along the way. So far my LG Optimus G Pro is sipping battery. iPhones used to be better than Androids on battery but that seems to not be the case anymore, now that iPhones have multiple cores and 4 inch screens.

They do make portable chargers, basically external batteries for these things, but yeah, the more you use something.

Of course this means nothing if you feel the iPhone was already overrated [/bait].

Old 06-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
My HTC One X would get through a day with reasonable (not heavy) use along the way. So far my LG Optimus G Pro is sipping battery. iPhones used to be better than Androids on battery but that seems to not be the case anymore, now that iPhones have multiple cores and 4 inch screens.

They do make portable chargers, basically external batteries for these things, but yeah, the more you use something.

Of course this means nothing if you feel the iPhone was already overrated [/bait].

Many of my friends laugh at me because I still have a blackberry and said I should upgrade. I plan to upgrade in a few weeks to a Black Berry 9900 which has the touch screen and key pad. The Iphone is not for me especially after hearing about the situation with the batteries

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,646,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Many of my friends laugh at me because I still have a blackberry and said I should upgrade. I plan to upgrade in a few weeks to a Black Berry 9900 which has the touch screen and key pad. The Iphone is not for me especially after hearing about the situation with the batteries
There is a serious difference in the older phones with simple processors and small screens, and modern smart phones with large screens, multicore processors, and dedicated GPUs. I think you'll find that comparing an old BB to an iPhone or high end Android isn't apples to apples. ...

If you are worried about the iPhone battery life, you'll probably like the 9900: New Bold 9900 battery life - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The only nice thing about the BB is that you can at least carry a spare battery with you.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
There is a serious difference in the older phones with simple processors, and small screens. I think you'll find that comparing an old BB to a modern smart phone isn't apples to apples. ...

If you are worried about the iPhone battery life, you should love the 9900: New Bold 9900 battery life - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

So maybe advanced technology is overrated? Well I may have to stick with the blackberry9700

Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Modern phones will last about as long as a blackberry if you limit yourself to the sort of things you'd do on an old blackberry. The iPhone 5 actually has a larger battery and longer talk time and video playback time than the 9900. If you have the screen on a lot doing basic tasks like email, the Blackberry might win out simply because it has a tiny screen that doesn't require much power.

The reality is that people want to do more with their phones and want larger, high resolution screens. Those things take up battery life.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Many of my friends laugh at me because I still have a blackberry and said I should upgrade. I plan to upgrade in a few weeks to a Black Berry 9900 which has the touch screen and key pad.
And you think people will stop laughing at you when you buy that one?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The reality is that people want to do more with their phones and want larger, high resolution screens. Those things take up battery life.
There was also the realization that in today's world people are rarely away from a charger for more than 24 hours, and people would just plug their phones in overnight to charge anyway, even if the battery was only down to 70%. They only needed to get to that point in the day, whether the battery was still at 80%, or was only at 20%. That wonderful battery life of the old Blackberries was nice and all, but almost never needed or used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones