Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times

Advertisements

I had the Black Bold 9700 and wanted to upgrade to the Black Berry bold 9900 with touch screen and key pad. When I walked in the store the sales rep told the guy I want the Blackberryq10 and i didn't realize i purchased the wrong phone until I arrived home.

So my question is can I take this phone back to T-Mobile tomorrow and get the Blackberry Bold 9900? I knew something was wrong because it was taking me too long to figure out how to use it and then realize I had the wrong phone.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 07:36 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I had the Black Bold 9700 and wanted to upgrade to the Black Berry bold 9900 with touch screen and key pad. When I walked in the store the sales rep told the guy I want the Blackberryq10 and i didn't realize i purchased the wrong phone until I arrived home.

So my question is can I take this phone back to T-Mobile tomorrow and get the Blackberry Bold 9900? I knew something was wrong because it was taking me too long to figure out how to use it and then realize I had the wrong phone.

Thanks
I would go back to the store and speak with them. Also, I checked t-mobile's website and they don't have a blackberry Bold 9900; perhaps that's why they gave you the Q10 since it's the only model they have with both touch screen and key pad. The other 2 blackberry models they have are the Z10 which is all touch-screen and the Curve which is only key pad.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I would go back to the store and speak with them. Also, I checked t-mobile's website and they don't have a blackberry Bold 9900; perhaps that's why they gave you the Q10 since it's the only model they have with both touch screen and key pad. The other 2 blackberry models they have are the Z10 which is all touch-screen and the Curve which is only key pad.

It's in the store because I remember grabbing it but the guy said give him the Q10 and I didn't realize it right away because it was still a touch screen and keypad phone.

The one I want is the BlackBerry Bold 9900

Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Go back to the store. They don't carry the 9900 any more, but maybe that store still has some in stock?

Really though, I would spend some time with the new device. Unless you're planning to keep that phone until you die, you're just delaying learning a new platform for a couple years. The old BB platform is dead.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Go back to the store. They don't carry the 9900 any more, but maybe that store still has some in stock?

Really though, I would spend some time with the new device. Unless you're planning to keep that phone until you die, you're just delaying learning a new platform for a couple years. The old BB platform is dead.

I believe so because it was on display inside the store but the guy yelled out the wrong phone for the cashier to get which was "get him the Q10".

The q10 is way too advanced for me and mainly all touch screen. I want half keypad and touchscreen.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I believe so because it was on display inside the store but the guy yelled out the wrong phone for the cashier to get which was "get him the Q10".

The q10 is way too advanced for me and mainly all touch screen. I want half keypad and touchscreen.
Wait if it's all touch screen then you were probably given the Z10, since the Q10 is only half touch screen?

Old 06-24-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Wait if it's all touch screen then you were probably given the Z10, since the Q10 is only half touch screen?

The Q10 is keypad and touch screen but it's more like 90% touch screen and 10% key pad.

In order to get to the menu, access the web, make a call, you have to use the touch screen.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
The Q10 is keypad and touch screen but it's more like 90% touch screen and 10% key pad.

In order to get to the menu, access the web, make a call, you have to use the touch screen.
And you find touch screen more difficult to use? To each his own I suppose, I'm the exact opposite I find physical keypads more difficult to use now since switching to touch screen in 2008.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:23 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
I think you are out of your mind Phillydude. (/Teasing, not trying to be rude)
I think the Q10 is far and away the best BB EVER released.
To each his own, of course, and yes there is a learning curve, but man: it is so worth it...

Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
The "web" sucks on any other older Blackberry. You have 15 days to test out the phone before you cannot return it. I urge you to try and learn it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones