U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM

4,004 posts, read 4,713,657 times

Advertisements

Im in the market for a new cellphone. i still have my origional HTC Evo. That was my first smartphone, I'm familiar with the layout and the types of buttons HTC has so kind of partial to HTC over samsung or toher brands. Definately don't want a windows phone. I'm most likely going to stay with sprint because I get a 27% discount however switching to tmobile is a small possiblity.

I'm primarily leaning towards either an HTC One or The Samsung S3 or S4. Considering HTC b/c I like the layout and way its setup. I dont really have experience wiht Samsung like S4 cuz its newest but heard from many people its slow, heats up hot and not great battery life so considering the s3 over s4. any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,561,474 times
I've had the S3 and S4 and I have had zero of those issues with the S4. Fiancee has an S4 also and she has no issues. I now have a Note 2 (I test phones a lot for my company) which has also been fantastic.

If you don't mind not being able to remove the battery or expand memory, and you need the stereo speakers, HTC One might be the phone for you. If you want a bigger screen, expandable memory, replaceable battery, mediocre speaker, plastic body/aluminum frame, go S4. If you want cheaper, with a not-as-good camera app and similar body/size, S3 might be the one.

Try them all extensively before you decide. Don't get caught up on how the interface is, the nature of android allows you to change how it looks and feels and operates.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM

4,631 posts, read 9,003,577 times
adyn makes some GREAT points here. Definitely try them out.

You may be hearing about these devices being 'slow' but that is probably not very accurate. 'Sluggish' more so than slow. This is more related to the UI performance (TouchWiz and SenseUI) but they are far from slow.

In terms of speed, at least as far as hardware goes, they are both at the top of the range, especially the S4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones