U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,066,377 times

Advertisements

Hello you guys can help me out with trying to pick the best plan. I'm looking for a low cost plan for calls and texting only, right now I have Verizon family plan with my 2 kids, I have the iPhone(which I hate due to dropping calls all the time)my one daughter has the other iPhone and the other daughter has just calls and texting, we have the shared family plan with unlimited calls and texting and 2gb web allowance which we never go over, our total call between he 3 of us total about 20 min,its all texting. my bill for all 3 is just over $180.00. I think this is outrageous and I feel I don't need the iPhone any longer, my contract is up on my phone I will pay for my one daughter's iPhone and downgrade the gb allowance the other pays for her own phone, I work 8 hrs a day and we have Wi-Fi at work and I have an iPod touch and a tablet that I bring with me so if I need Wi-Fi at work I can use it, I have Wi-Fi at home. I never use the internet on my phone away from a connection, so I feel like its a waste but do need a phone, anyone have suggestions for a low cost month to month plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,062,114 times
I didn't follow all the detail but you may want to look at WalMart offerings.

One I know is Straight Talk where unlimited phone/text is $30 a month and maybe better if you buy 3-6-12 mos in a block. Adding data/web takes it to $45 (or a few bucks less again if you buy a few months at a time). Service is provided on either (but not both...) Verizon or ATT towers, so shop carefully. You have to buy a phone or sim card too...some are cheap enough.

I think they have a few other plans and services. A lot in one place to review. Web sites will have info too (try straighttalk.com).

Old 08-10-2013, 03:16 PM

8,565 posts, read 9,805,837 times
deb, check out https://www.pagepluscellular.com/. This is a Vz reseller, pay monthly by CC. I have the $12 a month plan, 250/250 voice/text and 10 megs data.

I keep the Vz network turned off so I have no data usage, excepting for app updates (which BTW, I don't do). I keep the wifi turned on. I use an app - WatchDog - that monitors both and will alert if I accidentally approach my 10 megs of network. data.

PPC ported my number from Vz and I was able to keep and use my Vz HTC smartphone.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 AM

1,416 posts, read 3,066,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
deb, check out https://www.pagepluscellular.com/. This is a Vz reseller, pay monthly by CC. I have the $12 a month plan, 250/250 voice/text and 10 megs data.

I keep the Vz network turned off so I have no data usage, excepting for app updates (which BTW, I don't do). I keep the wifi turned on. I use an app - WatchDog - that monitors both and will alert if I accidentally approach my 10 megs of network. data.

PPC ported my number from Vz and I was able to keep and use my Vz HTC smartphone.
ok will do thank you..

Old 08-12-2013, 07:26 PM

795 posts, read 1,403,796 times
Also check out T-Mobiles family plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones