U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 PM

6,948 posts, read 19,792,564 times

Advertisements

I have a brand new TMobile unlocked BB curve 8320 (bought on Ebay) that I've inserted my TMobile SIM card in. I always buy minutes instead of having a monthly bill because I don't use my cell phone much. I used to have a blackberry and loved it but got another phone (Samsung that works great in the car) because I had this same problem but thought it was the phone (that was an old one my husband had used). The Samsung works fine but these days my kids text to me alot and I hate texting on it, so I got this new BB phone.

My new phone works great and I like it alot. However, my old pairing problem is occurring with my car's bluetooth. The problem: The phone pairs fine and shows as connected to my car. But within a few minutes of pairing, the phone loses service the entire time I am in the car. Even if I unpair it, it will then have no service in the car but resumes service in the house.

I am planning a long car trip on my own, so I really need a cell phone that functions in the car. I can't seem to find a solution to this problem. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 PM

4,631 posts, read 9,006,893 times
Ok, lets back track.

Could you answer these questions?

-What make/model of the car
-How many devices do you have paired with the car?

The BT on your car has nothing to do with the cellular service per se. So I am confused. Are you losing T-Mobile service or your actual BT connection?

Basically the BT radio and cellular radio are two seperate components. One should not affect the other.

Was the device tampered with? When you started the phone did it start from scratch like a normal our of the box set up? or was the phone already going into the standby screen without any set up?

If you did not have a set up, I recommend factory resetting the device and wiping it clean. Instructions below.
Reset: BlackBerry Curve 8310 / 8320 | T-Mobile Support

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

13,325 posts, read 20,377,508 times
That 8320 is not "brand new!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones