U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:33 AM

4,758 posts, read 12,575,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
OP, what city are you in? or are you in a rural area?

I agree with everything Thegonagle said. Totally spot on.

Typically in the evenings, base stations go through their maintenance cycle but since you are having it only at your place, it definitely sounds like there is some upgrading or maintenance happening with the tower closest to you.

I might be able to find out more for you depending on the tower manufacturer (Alcatel, Ericsson etc).
Sarasota 34239
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 PM

4,631 posts, read 9,006,893 times
Ok, I have what you can do to start is look at this website to see you nearest tower. You can then call Verizon CS regarding any outages. But make sure you speak to technical support not basic CS.

What I know right now is that there is maintenance going on in 34239 on the north side of the city.

Typically when this happens, the power gets throttled down and every user within the triangulation area is forced to use one tower. I am wondering if you are seeing worse service in the evening vs the day?

Sarasota, FL Cell Towers & Reception | CellReception.com

Old 09-10-2013, 02:45 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,242,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gricezhai View Post
May be you should consider replacing your iphone with an Android.
Beat me to it. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones