U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 06:52 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,961,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I have nothing but praise with Sprint's customer service but their data network for sure leaves something to be desired.
Sprint Corp (formerly Sprint Nextel) had been consistently rated #1 in customer service for wireless providers by JD Powers until 2013, where Verizon Wireless took the lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 06:55 PM

10,121 posts, read 14,356,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Let's see if we have a cheap, "short sided" corporation, a failing piece of hardware/software or a an ignorant, lazy consumer.

Did this occur with 611 on-screen enabled or disabled? If you had it enabled, well then... If you had it disabled, then something is broken or Verizon is up to no good.

Frequently Asked Questions | Verizon Wireless
I am far from ignorant and lazy and don't appreciate your innuendo. I do appreciate you, a poster on CD, answering my question when 2 CSR's at VZ couldn't.

Still have coverage issues and my phone pretty new.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I am far from ignorant and lazy and don't appreciate your innuendo. I do appreciate you, a poster on CD, answering my question when 2 CSR's at VZ couldn't.

Still have coverage issues and my phone pretty new.
The best way to find out about coverage in your area is to ask your friends and neighbors. There's no one provider that has the best coverage across the entire nation. Verizon has a strong network, generally speaking.

However, you might want to consider 2 SOLOs and a string. You would have complete control over your entire network and wouldn't have to deal with these "cheap, short sided corporations".

Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,019,148 times
No issues with Verizon here... been a loyal customer since my Nokia brick phone in 1998.

Great service and coverage area... 4G here is pretty solid unless a mountain gets in the way. :-)

As for the *611... I noticed it the other day when I wanted to call CS about the process of transitioning my account from my S3 to a 5s... thanks for the tip on disabling it.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,563,969 times
iv'e had no problems with verizon. if you thiink verizon is bad switch to sprint there customer service is outsourced and not in the states as well as my gf hit the 5 gig on her data they cut her phone off completely and i am not kidding you. i know that most carriers say they give you unlimited data but most will throttle you back down to dial up speeds if not worse as well

Last edited by krelithous; 09-26-2013 at 02:47 AM..

Old 09-26-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
iv'e had no problems with verizon. if you thiink verizon is bad switch to sprint there customer service is outsourced and not in the states as well as my gf hit the 5 gig on her data they cut her phone off completely and i am not kidding you. i know that most carriers say they give you unlimited data but most will throttle you back down to dial up speeds if not worse as well
Sprint has no cap and does not throttle you on their network. They are, however, fairly strict about high usage of roaming.

All the big carriers outsource at least some of their customer service. Most of Sprint's customer service is in Kansas.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:04 PM

519 posts, read 511,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
iv'e had no problems with verizon. if you thiink verizon is bad switch to sprint there customer service is outsourced and not in the states as well as my gf hit the 5 gig on her data they cut her phone off completely and i am not kidding you.
I've always had US based support when calling Sprint and I consistently use 7 gigs (or more) of data monthly and have never had any issues.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:32 PM

US Carriers Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile 4G LTE Coverage (Maps) - N4BB

Nothing else needs to be said.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
That link is only comparing currently launched 4G coverage.... There's quite a bit more criteria involved.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That link is only comparing currently launched 4G coverage.... There's quite a bit more criteria involved.
Such as? Please don't say any of the other carriers even come close to matching Verizon's coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones