Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
By the way, how do you like Apple TV? Most Mac fanbois (note: Mac....not Apple) think it is a silly product...and have since it was released.
It has its usefulness... for me I use it on Sunday when I'm watching NFL Sunday Ticket. I have the code for the online only viewing (not a DirecTV subscriber) so instead of watching games on my 13" Air I beam them to my 42" plasma HDTV.

Cool eh?

I also use it when I'm watching movies from my iTunes library. Beyond that, not much... but it's nice to know anything that is on my laptop or my iPhone I can watch on my TV with the click of a button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
This is not directed towards you, but, I still do not understand how people who own what are essentially $700 or so devices are so careless.
It wasn't about being careless... I dropped my S3 from my front t-shirt pocket while at work... grab one yourself and put it in a shirt pocket... the S3 is pretty big right? Close to falling right out? Move suddenly in one direction or the other and watch it fall right out. Mine did... a 5 ft drop to a concrete floor which shattered the screen.

I bought the case and actually had it fall out again one day... and this time there wasn't a scratch on it.

I've since bought the same Ballistic case for my 5s... guaranteed drop protection up to 8 feet... for $20. The 5s fits much better in a shirt pocket than the S3 with a lot less risk of falling out... but I still bought the case.

Also... when I go to sell it next year at upgrade time the phone being in mint condition (no dings, no scratches) thanks to being in a case with ghost armor screen protection will probably help my cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,334 times
haha kees i love that to being able to beam shows to a tv in the docs office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones