Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 PM

2,855 posts, read 10,386,864 times

Advertisements

I previously used and LOVED an HTC thunderbolt!! Loved the look, the camera, the speed....no complaints. Lasted me about 2 1/2 years.

I'm thinking of ordering a Samsung Galaxy S4? Do you think I will like it? I have never bought a samsung before so I have no experience with them.

thanks for any opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:19 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,803,830 times
i love my s4 i dumped my i phone for an s4. no problems here with it eathier. it has a removable battery and sd card slot. calls are clear and loud. even though samsung makes crap eletronics and appliances it seems that they always made good phones. the phone is amazing. i'll put it this way people are dumping there iphones for the samsung galaxys as samsungs kicking apples ass

Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,852,040 times
Really happy with my GS4. Battery life is great & isn't sluggish even though I have a bazillion things always running.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM

16,455 posts, read 19,473,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
even though samsung makes crap eletronics and appliances it seems that they always made good phones.
Samsung makes great electronics and appliances. Not sure where you get this information from.

Quote:
the phone is amazing. i'll put it this way people are dumping there iphones for the samsung galaxys as samsungs kicking apples ass

And just like I call BS on the Apple fanbois I have to call BS here. Samsung is doing great. Much of the from first time phone buyers. Apple is hardly bleeding all their customers to Samsung.

"It's almost inevitable: release a new iPhone, break a sales record. This year, Apple released a pair of iPhones, the 5S and 5C, and unsurprisingly sales have been strong. Apple sold a combined 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C smartphones over the handsets' first full weekend of sales — the most it's ever done. That's enough for Apple to have already sold out of its initial stock of the iPhone 5S, though the company does say that retail stores are regularly receiving more shipments of the phone"

Yep... everyone is dumping those iPhones....

Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,769,911 times
Mucho bloatware. How to remove all the bloatware from your Galaxy S 4 | Pocketnow

Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,859,269 times
I have the note 2 and I have a couple of SGS4's in the family but I think my next phone will be with someone else. The phones themselves are great and I have no problems with them, but Samsung's stance on bootloader locking is not ideal. I appreciate the ability to do whatever I chose to the hardware I purchase.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 AM

2,855 posts, read 10,386,864 times
Thanks for the input. I hate bloatware, it's annoying to me. On my HTC thunderbolt it wouldn't allow me to even delete it so it was always on the phone, but I just didn't utilize any of it.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:01 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,586,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
the phone is amazing. i'll put it this way people are dumping there iphones for the samsung galaxys as samsungs kicking apples ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And just like I call BS on the Apple fanbois I have to call BS here. Samsung is doing great. Much of the from first time phone buyers. Apple is hardly bleeding all their customers to Samsung.

"It's almost inevitable: release a new iPhone, break a sales record. This year, Apple released a pair of iPhones, the 5S and 5C, and unsurprisingly sales have been strong. Apple sold a combined 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C smartphones over the handsets' first full weekend of sales — the most it's ever done. That's enough for Apple to have already sold out of its initial stock of the iPhone 5S, though the company does say that retail stores are regularly receiving more shipments of the phone"

Yep... everyone is dumping those iPhones....
LOL... yeah I love reading the posts from the fanbois.

I'm neither... but I will say that I switched from an S3 to a 5s, my first iPhone and I am very impressed with it. It took me like 6 hours to adjust to the smaller screen size and I have no complaints with iOS7.

I made the switch because I bought a MacBook Air a couple months ago and wanted compatibility with my phone. I have nothing bad to say about Android but I don't think I'll be going back. I really like how everything syncs with Apple... My Air and the 802.11ac WiFi that comes with my 2TB Time Capsule... the iPhone... iTunes, and Apple TV.

Not a fanboi yet... I've always said Apple products are overpriced... but they are of very high quality so I can live with it. I don't really miss the bigger screen size... and the iPhone fits much better in my front pocket than the S3.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:32 PM

5,004 posts, read 12,314,878 times
Just be careful with the G4. I dropped my phone from ~3 ft up and it put a hairline crack in the screen. Thing is flimsy.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM

16,455 posts, read 19,473,516 times
You could say the same thing about every other phone with a glass screen on it. Hardly ONLY a Galaxy thing.

Good post Kees. I prefer Android, but I like all technology. The iPhone is a great device. As are the Windows phones. Different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones