U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 01:28 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,020,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Somebody has to suggest the iPhone 5s so I will. I have the 5 and love it.
Indeed. The 5s is a solid device. The fingerprint ID is worth its weight in gold. In the 6 weeks I've had the phone I have NOT had to type in my 4 digit security code a total of 14,933 times... and counting.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 03:45 PM

347 posts, read 421,073 times
iPhone 5s is good for most...it's not too complicated...

good build, 4 inch screen and light as a feather.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:32 AM

1,526 posts, read 3,387,218 times
Sony Xperia Z1

Best phone i've ever had

Old 11-10-2013, 08:36 AM

1,617 posts, read 4,775,277 times
I think the iPhone 5s (or even 5c--although I'd personally go for the 5s) would be a good fit.

Android is arguably more capable, but only if you're a real power user. Apple does have better media player functionality, IMO.

If you're going to go the Android route, I'd suggest avoiding Samsung on Verizon due to widely reported reception issues (S3, Nexus), and personal experience with the Verizon version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:41 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,562,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Android is arguably more capable, but only if you're a real power user. Apple does have better media player functionality, IMO.
Have you ever tried doubletwist?

Old 11-11-2013, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 640 times
can i put a samsung flip phone on my reachout wireless plan.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 AM

3,450 posts, read 6,332,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy23 View Post
can i put a samsung flip phone on my reachout wireless plan.
You should ask your provider.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,575,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
This is the problem. With a 2 year plan and spending 200 dollars, I have more than 50 choices. Perhaps I should cut that to 100 dollars. Really for me, simple is better. I don't do anything fancy. Battery power is important. BUT I have to remember some that complain about their batteries are on their phone all day. I use mine maybe an hour a day, and my Blackberry can go 3 days on a charge. Love that.
I can hear the laughs and finger pointing coming from the peanut gallery before I even type it....but...why not get a BlackBerry Q10? I have been using a Z10 for a few months now and love BB10. Battery is not as solid as on BBOS devices, but still lasts longer than practically all Android phones. The Q10 makes use of dark themes that help preserve battery power.

See below....

Quote:
Long story short, having issues with my Blackberry and time to move along. Here are my needs:
...so why not to a new BlackBerry?

Quote:
I have and will stay with Verizon and will likely purchase at their store.
Verizon sells BlackBerry.

Quote:
I don't need the latest, greatest phone.
Even though I disagree, most will claim that BlackBerries are neither the latest nor the greatest...whatever you think, you should be covered here.

Quote:
Must be able to surf basic sites with 3 G. Use google, ect. Youtube video. Nothing major.
The Q10 can do, Cascades and HTML 5 and 4G. Bing is default, but you can always use Google. YouTube; the YouTube app that comes with the phone is a launcher that takes you to YouTube's mobile site. Some find this a point of contention, but really, if you were not told you probably would not realize this.

Quote:
Must have good audio recorder. Use this feature often for notes, ideas, ect.
The one that comes with BB10 is, in my opinion, the best propritary voice recording app hands down.

Quote:
Need daily alarm feature that is easy to use. Probably all phones have this.
Night Mode in BB10 offers the absolute best alarm clock "experience" hands down. It simply cannot be beat.

Quote:
Easy texting.
Best physical (and many would say virtual, too) keyboard. I know I will get flamed for this but keep in mind that BlackBerries are productivity/communications devices first foremost, they do texting very well...among other things. BlackBerry Hub is the best notification center, once again in my opinion. It allows you to read and respond to text messages, Facebook messages, BBM, etc., etc., straight from the phone (Hub) without launching into the respective apps.

Quote:
Won't have more than a few aps. if any.
Well, you are covered here, too Small offering compared to iPhone and Android, but should have what you are looking for unless it is an official Instagram app...or banking.

Quote:
Would prefer keyboard, but realize touchscreen may be the only choice.
Yup, best physical keyboard and a touch screen.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:46 PM

8,193 posts, read 22,575,431 times
EDIT: In my post above, I referred to the alarm clock feature as "Night Mode"...meant to call it Bedside Mode...

Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,202,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I can hear the laughs and finger pointing coming from the peanut gallery before I even type it....but...why not get a BlackBerry Q10? I have been using a Z10 for a few months now and love BB10. Battery is not as solid as on BBOS devices, but still lasts longer than practically all Android phones. The Q10 makes use of dark themes that help preserve battery power.

See below....

...so why not to a new BlackBerry?

Verizon sells BlackBerry.

Even though I disagree, most will claim that BlackBerries are neither the latest nor the greatest...whatever you think, you should be covered here.

The Q10 can do, Cascades and HTML 5 and 4G. Bing is default, but you can always use Google. YouTube; the YouTube app that comes with the phone is a launcher that takes you to YouTube's mobile site. Some find this a point of contention, but really, if you were not told you probably would not realize this.

The one that comes with BB10 is, in my opinion, the best propritary voice recording app hands down.

Night Mode in BB10 offers the absolute best alarm clock "experience" hands down. It simply cannot be beat.

Best physical (and many would say virtual, too) keyboard. I know I will get flamed for this but keep in mind that BlackBerries are productivity/communications devices first foremost, they do texting very well...among other things. BlackBerry Hub is the best notification center, once again in my opinion. It allows you to read and respond to text messages, Facebook messages, BBM, etc., etc., straight from the phone (Hub) without launching into the respective apps.

Well, you are covered here, too Small offering compared to iPhone and Android, but should have what you are looking for unless it is an official Instagram app...or banking.

Yup, best physical keyboard and a touch screen.
I had considered Blackberry again. BUT, I am concerned if they go under, their phones will no longer be supported. Do you think they will have service, say 3 years from now? Seems to be an unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or