U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2013, 09:39 AM

2,287 posts, read 1,550,248 times

Advertisements

Anyone else get their s4 update only to find now that trying to text is a major pain in the ace? When typing a contact name into a text, the phone no longer finds your contact. Is there a way to fix this issue? God I hate updates. First they delete my music, now I can't even text without it being a major hassle. First World problems first world problems.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 09:44 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,011,817 times
Nope, my Verizon S4 works perfectly after the update. Thank God for updates or we'd all be using broke stuff.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:02 PM

4,536 posts, read 4,829,119 times
So is it that your contacts arent there anymore or that the normal look up when you type in a name are not working?

Have you gone into your account settings to make sure everything is set to sync?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:19 PM

No, my contacts are still there, but when you go in to text someone and start typing their name in, their number won't pop up anymore. The only thing that comes up is their email address. The only thing that I found that works so far is if I go through old texts, open them, and then re-save the person's contact info even if it is already in my contact list.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:41 PM

4,536 posts, read 4,829,119 times
So in your contacts list, have you opened up a contact to see if the number is still associated with the name? From the way it just pulls up the email address exclusively, it seems that way.

Also, do you have multiple accounts or just the Google account that syncs contacts with your phone?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
So in your contacts list, have you opened up a contact to see if the number is still associated with the name? From the way it just pulls up the email address exclusively, it seems that way.

Also, do you have multiple accounts or just the Google account that syncs contacts with your phone?
yes, the numbers are still associated with the name. The problem is quite strange. I only have one account synced. When I try to make a new text, if you type in the person's name, it will no longer type in the number for you, and only show an email address. In order to text, I have to go into contacts, scroll to the person I want to find, tap on their info, and then tap the text button. This makes it virtually impossible of course to send out a group text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones