U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 08:16 AM

6,487 posts, read 6,301,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I'm having some issues with the phone where it is set for places which is found at the bottom of the home page where the wand is. I can't delete my home or work address. The T-Mobile store told me where to go on maps and I can delete there but it is not deleting on that page where you can put sports, stocks, etc. Does anyone know how I can delete it~? Thanks
There may be a quicker way, but this is how I did it:

-Open Google Maps
-Swipe from the left to open the menu
-Touch 'settings'
-Touch 'edit home or work'
-Boom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 13,964,257 times
Quote:
I had an HTC sensation for over 2 years which had numerous of problems. I now got the Nexus Google phone. I was told by an excellent T-Mobile employee that HTC that is out now isn't so good.
Anyone that says the HTC One isn't a good phone is not a good employee. I have to assume he was referring to a different phone.

Old 01-01-2014, 03:20 PM

10,753 posts, read 18,007,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Anyone that says the HTC One isn't a good phone is not a good employee. I have to assume he was referring to a different phone.
Agreed, the HTC One an excellent phone.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,121,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
There may be a quicker way, but this is how I did it:

-Open Google Maps
-Swipe from the left to open the menu
-Touch 'settings'
-Touch 'edit home or work'
-Boom

When I went to the T-Mobile store, the guy showed me this and it worked but when you go back to the main page it once again has my last addresses on it. There is no way to wipe it out totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Agreed, the HTC One an excellent phone.

This guy was excellent and very knowledgeable in comparsion of whom I have dealt with here. I had a HTC sensation when it came out, and that was a good phone. But I forgot all he said about it, but it has functions that aren't as good as the Samsung Galaxy lines.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:31 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,689,539 times
Quote:
I got my new Google phone yesterday. Seems okay and simple to figure out, so far. Not all my phone numbers transferred over and I was manually putting some of them in last night. I'm going to have to go back to the phone store today.
Just so you know, Google hands all of your data and info to the NSA so if you're comfortable with that then go for it!
If you don't agree with the the federal government having access to all of your personal info, the stay away from android contract phones completely.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,121,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Just so you know, Google hands all of your data and info to the NSA so if you're comfortable with that then go for it!
If you don't agree with the the federal government having access to all of your personal info, the stay away from android contract phones completely.

What NSA~? Well now and then the news reports of a website that has been hacked into and your personal info taken. I think Goggle was awhile back and now it is Target and Chase bank. You don't know these days of anything. My old phone, HTC didn't do this. I just don't know how to unprogram it not to do this. Otherwise, the phone is great~!

Old 01-09-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
What NSA~? Well now and then the news reports of a website that has been hacked into and your personal info taken. I think Goggle was awhile back and now it is Target and Chase bank. You don't know these days of anything. My old phone, HTC didn't do this. I just don't know how to unprogram it not to do this. Otherwise, the phone is great~!
Here's some more info on WHY ijunk and android phones are NOT safe,

Senator Raises Concern That The FBI Could Access iPhone Fingerprint Data - disinformation

NSA’s ANT Division Catalog of Exploits for Nearly Every Major Software/Hardware/Firmware | LeakSource

NSA can hack WiFi devices from eight miles away (video)

All legit information. The last I knew, tins cans with string between them were still safe.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:54 AM

10,753 posts, read 18,007,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
All legit information. The last I knew, tins cans with string between them were still safe.
See how well you can function using that method.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
See how well you can function using that method.
Hey, when we were kids it worked great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or