U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 PM

34,317 posts, read 59,648,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'm in an area where Sprint has tri-band coverage. We get the same speeds with Verizon AWS here.
The really funny thing here is when you go to the Sprint company store, they seldom get 4G LTE.
And skippy 3G.
And 3 bars for cellular.

The last time I was there, they told me to go across the parking lot for a dependable signal...

LOL That HAS to be motivating for the sales guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 03:24 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,974,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
The really funny thing here is when you go to the Sprint company store, they seldom get 4G LTE.
And skippy 3G.
And 3 bars for cellular.

The last time I was there, they told me to go across the parking lot for a dependable signal...

That's horrible. They should at least put an airwave in the store.

Coverage is a regional thing, that's for sure. AT&T and T-Mobile suck around here while Verizon and Sprint are good. When I'm in FL, AT&T is the best.

Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,085,955 times
I just dropped Sprint after several years and got out of my contract without any fees. I took a screenshot of my phone once or twice a day when it didn't have service and argued with Sprint that I was paying for something I wasn't getting (service). Sprint sent me an Airwave unit, but I had to keep resetting it to keep it working. They let me out of my contract after I told them I would begin uploading the pictures of my poor service online to social media.

I now pay $10 more per month for AT&T, but service has never been an issue. I always have at least 3 or 4 bars of 4G.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:56 AM

714 posts, read 1,367,624 times
I thought up ways to get out of my contract, but in the end, my time was worth more than it would have taken to get out without a fee. I paid the fees for 3 lines (I owed it because I agreed to it hoping service would improve) and moved on. I also got an Airave and it was worthless.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:39 PM

4,004 posts, read 4,717,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And skippy 3G.
And 3 bars for cellular.

every network has dead spots and coverage gaps. it does look bad when you cant even get service intheir store though lol.

sprint has actually improved alot though. a year or two back when they were updating towers i literally would drop 15 calls in a 10 minute convo and internet was spotty. i have no compalints no though.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:45 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,564,463 times
LMAO now that's bad when you can't get service in a carries store as you figure that's where you would get the best service so they can sell it. I remember when I had Tmobile I had to walk a block to use my phone and every time I went around a corner it would display that it was roaming on att's network i'm glad I dumped tmobile no wonder they want to leave the states id'e be embarrassed to have such crappy service and charge people to get out of there contracts. and from what I see they haven't done much with it

Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM

3,450 posts, read 6,332,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
id'e be embarrassed to have such crappy service and charge people to get out of there contracts.
I understand your frustration and by clearly stating that they cannot guarantee service in the contract, they can get away with it.

Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,564,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I understand your frustration and by clearly stating that they cannot guarantee service in the contract, they can get away with it.
i'm not with sprint thank god. but yea they can't guarantee service in every area as all networks do have gaps in em but you figure the store would have the best service . people should read the coverage maps before signing up for service!!! i'm with Verizon and i'm very happy with em

Old 01-04-2014, 07:03 PM

3,450 posts, read 6,332,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
i'm not with sprint thank god. but yea they can't guarantee service in every area as all networks do have gaps in em but you figure the store would have the best service . people should read the coverage maps before signing up for service!!! i'm with Verizon and i'm very happy with em
I agree with you there. I am also happy with Verizon.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 PM

34,317 posts, read 59,648,976 times
AT&T gave me 43Mbps down and 13+Mbps up last night. Within 100 yards of the Sprint store where S cannot deliver 4G LTE....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones