U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2014, 01:37 PM
 
1,017 posts, read 1,564,110 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

and if sprint does buy out T-Mobile that would be another Nextel disaster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2014, 01:43 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,968,627 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelithous View Post
and if sprint does buy out T-Mobile that would be another Nextel disaster
Why do you think that? This is very different than the Sprint & Nextel merger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 01:47 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
15,853 posts, read 30,796,656 times
Reputation: 22404
The future of cell communication is prepaid. It won't be long before all "traditional" cell phone providers will be out of business.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 01:51 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,968,627 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The future of cell communication is prepaid. It won't be long before all "traditional" cell phone providers will be out of business.

20yrsinBranson
What makes you think that? Prepaid still has very small adoption compared to postpaid. I feel that the future is non-contract postpaid.

Also, most prepaid providers rely on postpaid provider's networks. If they go out of business, there is no network for prepaid providers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2014, 06:13 PM
 
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
1,618 posts, read 2,001,091 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The future of cell communication is prepaid. It won't be long before all "traditional" cell phone providers will be out of business.

20yrsinBranson
AT&T's one- and two-subscriber plans are getting a lot of downward pressure from guys like StraightTalk, Net10, and Red Pocket. They just dropped their Mobile Share plans by another $20 or so, they're still $20-$25 more than the no-contract guys ("Prepaid" is a misnomer these days, it's just a monthly unlimited plan with no contract), but since they offer value-add like wifi hot spots and international calling and texting capability, it might start being worth it for some.

Me I want them to come down another $10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2014, 03:34 AM
 
262 posts, read 407,238 times
Reputation: 324
I am so sick of these mergers everyone is buying each other out its annoying. I got rid of Sprint a few years ago because they were slow and expensive. I was tired of paying over 100 dollars for molasses slow service. I switched over to T mobile and i love their service its pretty good if this does happens i am def going to cancel my phone and go prepaid i am sick of these mergers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2014, 05:35 AM
 
Location: Ocala, FL
3,450 posts, read 6,329,909 times
Reputation: 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
i am sick of these mergers.
Sadly, we have very little or no input on these type of decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2014, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
1,618 posts, read 2,001,091 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I am so sick of these mergers everyone is buying each other out its annoying. I got rid of Sprint a few years ago because they were slow and expensive. I was tired of paying over 100 dollars for molasses slow service. I switched over to T mobile and i love their service its pretty good if this does happens i am def going to cancel my phone and go prepaid i am sick of these mergers.
I have a funny feeling that Sprint "buying" T-Mobile is going to be more like Sprint becoming T-Mobile. Especially since it sounds like they're going to put Legere in charge of the combined company anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2014, 09:35 PM
 
24,503 posts, read 35,968,627 times
Reputation: 12847
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
I have a funny feeling that Sprint "buying" T-Mobile is going to be more like Sprint becoming T-Mobile. Especially since it sounds like they're going to put Legere in charge of the combined company anyway.
Hesse already announced that he wants to retire and is not interested in being in charge of the merged companies. That leaves Legere... which would essentially become a puppet for Son. Son is a micromanager and he'll be making all the decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2014, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
1,618 posts, read 2,001,091 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Hesse already announced that he wants to retire and is not interested in being in charge of the merged companies. That leaves Legere... which would essentially become a puppet for Son. Son is a micromanager and he'll be making all the decisions.
Yeah, umm...no, I don't think so. There's a lot of things you can call Legere, "puppet" is not one of them. Somehow I don't see that happening, if Legere is running things, he's running them his way, or Son is finding someone else for the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top