U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 AM

975 posts, read 1,805,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
As much as I like the hardware these phones will bring, a display greater than 5 inches is too big for me. My 5 inch N5 hits the sweet-spot because I have larger than average hands. For many people, such a large display will require two handed use. Phones such as the Galaxy Note are big hits, so maybe there is larger demand than I anticipate for large displays.
Yeah, I agree. I looked at multiple phones when I recently upgraded to a new phone, and knew right away that a screen size as big as say what's on an S4, isn't for me. I just went with a Stratosphere II phone, since I prefer having a traditional texting keyboard like what was on a lot of mid-2000s cell phones(i.e. T-Mobile Sidekick, since a co-worker having such a phone really made me want to find a similar phone for Verizon, which I eventually did get), and the screen isn't too big nor too small(4 inches, vs. 5 inches and up for phones like the S3, S4, Note 2(and 3), etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 12:56 AM

84 posts, read 172,924 times
It will be between the S5 or the G3 for me. By most accounts, the LG will be the only phone in the S5's league. I'll be surprised if either phone is 64 bit and has retina scan to unlock. Got a S3 now, it's a great phone but the battery life is horrible. The S5 will supposedly debut in Barcelona this Monday, so we'll know all about it soon. The G3...lots of reports say it will debut in May, but other articles contradict this, saying more like September. Some think LG will get it out sometime this Spring to try and go head to head with Samsung's S5. I hope that's true, because I'd like to check out both phones before deciding, and not have to wait for months to see the G3 before deciding. I've heard many good things about the G2. Many put it above the Sammy S4. Also wondering if the G3 will have no card slot or removable battery like the G2. I'm thinking it might not be a huge issue if it doesn't.. Since the G2's battery seems to last all day under heavy use, I doubt the G3 would be any worse and with at least 32 gigs of internal memory, no slot or removable battery isn't quite the issue it used to be. But I'd still rather have those to options if possible.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,563,969 times
I agree I had an s4 and a note 3. and I hooked a Bluetooth up on both of em and it was a crappy connection each time and the watch kept disconnecting from the phone and I would not get all of my text mesgs and my watch would not ring all the time when the phone rang POS. shame on shame sung

Old 02-26-2014, 11:27 AM

Well, we know all about the S5 now. Coming from a S3, it's a OK upgrade, but wouldn't do it if you have a S4, the improvements are to small, but that's just me. I'll be waiting to see what LG has to offer with the G3. I'm willing to bet the G3 will be everything the S5 is and much more. May not come out for a few months yet though. My S3 should do fine till then.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:40 PM

4,631 posts, read 9,004,713 times
No mention of the 2nd Gen HTC One?

Old 02-26-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
No mention of the 2nd Gen HTC One?
Here's some info on it
HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

Old 02-27-2014, 08:27 PM

4,631 posts, read 9,004,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus18 View Post
Thanks. I was just wondering why no mention of it at all in this thread. Interestingly the One 'won' best smartphone at MWC.

I think Samsung played their cards right in being conservative with the S5 until Apple officially unveils the iPhone in a few months from now. Samsung are king of one uppers or copycat. Nothing wrong with it, but definitely a good business move on their part.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 AM

12,435 posts, read 10,899,055 times
The real battle will be iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6

(I reallllllllllllly hope they make a Nexus 6)

I currently own an iPhone 5s and Nexus 5 and couldn't be happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones