U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 03:45 PM

25,878 posts, read 32,441,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I quoted you. You had plans to switch back to a flip phone and rely on your iPad or other tablet with LTE. I just wanted to see how that's working out for you now that you've been doing it for some time.
When out and about I use my iPhone as a hotspot to run the iPad. It works really well. That is what I am doing right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 05:59 PM

8,680 posts, read 9,457,365 times
I really hate being part of a year old thread, but with that said, my iPad mini is linked to my iPhone and is powered by my hotspot feature or WiFi.

I use the iPad at home for content and posting, but when I am out and about it's the iPhone. When we camp and travel it's the iPad for movies and TV shows. I can do the same on my phone, but Mrs5150 prefers we watch stuff on the iPad.

I kinda view the iPad as something that saves wear and tear on my phone at home.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:19 PM

13,325 posts, read 20,377,508 times
Quote:
I quoted you. You had plans to switch back to a flip phone and rely on your iPad or other tablet with LTE. I just wanted to see how that's working out for you now that you've been doing it for some time.
This is strange. A couple posts up it says "Liza Jenifer" said that. I went through the entire thread just now and did not see this Liza post anything. What I found was that I said that way back in post #2. Hmm? It's kind of a surprise to dig this thread up and ask. I never had plans for a flip phone, so that's someone else. I actually have the exact phone and tablet I had back then, so nothing has changed. I never got a tablet with LTE. I wouldn't mind, but I couldn't afford it, and never needed to. Tethering to my phone works great, so no need to do it yet.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:46 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,974,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
This is strange. A couple posts up it says "Liza Jenifer" said that. I went through the entire thread just now and did not see this Liza post anything. What I found was that I said that way back in post #2. Hmm? It's kind of a surprise to dig this thread up and ask. I never had plans for a flip phone, so that's someone else. I actually have the exact phone and tablet I had back then, so nothing has changed. I never got a tablet with LTE. I wouldn't mind, but I couldn't afford it, and never needed to. Tethering to my phone works great, so no need to do it yet.
From what I got in your post (post #2) is that you were going to switch to a flip phone down the road and use a tablet with LTE. I just wanted to follow up to see how that is working out for you now that you would have been doing it for some time now. I'm considering the same thing for my nephew.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:14 PM

13,325 posts, read 20,377,508 times
Quote:
From what I got in your post (post #2) is that you were going to switch to a flip phone down the road and use a tablet with LTE. I just wanted to follow up to see how that is working out for you now that you would have been doing it for some time now. I'm considering the same thing for my nephew.
I did consider it, but I never got around to it. If you do, do it, I hope you will update and let us know how it goes. I'm still interested in doing it as my iPad 2 is getting really old.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:16 AM

56 posts, read 26,355 times
I would like to use unlocked GSM phone all the time. The size of the phone doesn't matter for me. I am flexible with all.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:13 AM

7 posts, read 3,880 times
I have an iphone and I don't have it linked to any of my email accounts or social media. This give me peace of mind, if I need to get online I can using my phone. Because I am not connected to social media 24/7 this allows me to spend quality time with my family and focus on what I am doing. When I need to get online, respond to social media, etc. I sit at my desk on my computer.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:35 AM

2,772 posts, read 2,144,987 times
My smartphone sucks. Even in wifi hotspots, connection will be poor and refuse to allow me to have Internet connection. It's a waste of $60.00/month for ONE phone. I have an Ipad at home that gets used and works well. Can't wait for my Verizon contract to expire so I can switch plans and downgrade to a flip phone

Old 04-12-2016, 08:36 AM

4,294 posts, read 3,162,458 times
Nah

Old 04-12-2016, 05:27 PM

6,175 posts, read 7,483,987 times
I would never go back to a laborious flip phone. Just the convenience to connect email to address book to phone and having voice mails readily available in front of me, makes the smart phone worthwhile for that alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones