U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2014, 07:03 PM

968 posts, read 1,220,886 times

Advertisements

I am upgrading an iphone4 to a samsung on
Wed (the updates to ios7 just killed the phone).
At Verizon they showed me lg tone pro wireless
Stereo headset for $69. I went to radio shack &
Bought the plantronics backbeat go to for $50
I can still return them.
I was wondering if anyone here has experience
With both. The ones they are selling @ Verizon
Are the new models - I'm sure I don't need the latest
Release but the older model is on amazon for
$64. Not much difference.
I use ear buds because it's easier to put the phone
Down than talk holding it; I have arthritis.
I don't need them for music, primarily for comfort.
The others I researched online were anywhere from
$ 135- $800.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 12:17 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,023,895 times
Are you talking about this?

LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

I've used that headset for a couple years and have no complaints. It's great for music and voice calls... Lightweight and comfortable to wear... And no wires to get in the way.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Yes, that's it. I bought one on sale @ radio shack but the flexible (noodle type) wire which drapes around the back of the neck does catch on clothes, etc.
Lg is out with a new model, currently available only through Verizon & best buy. I may see if I can get the one you sent the link for.
I have to get in the mindset, "spend no one penny extra" when buying electronics !

Thanks for your input.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,023,895 times
I have friends with the newer model and I have the older version that I linked... I'm not sure what the changes were but I can tell you that the one I linked had worked fine for me.

It's got a range of 40-50 yards which means I can leave my phone at my workstation and walk to the other side of the building and not lose the signal... Be it music or a phone call.

Works as advertised. You should be able to get the one I linked... I bought one for a friend about a month ago.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 PM

Thanks kees
I did end up getting the newer version because they cam to $59 with an accessory bundle (phone case, touch shield, head set & car charger) I needed all these items & if I hunted could probably find for $15 less.
The "kid" could see me adding up the deal so he reminded me that they were guaranteed for a year @ Verizon. I have had to return inexpensive elector is (especially chargers ) and it is a pain.
They really know what's in the market!

The Verizon sales people said the 7th
Were attached a little better. I don't think there is any real design change.
Best buy & Verizon get an early sales right to them.
They sound great & I'm looking forward to not ripping ear buds out of my ears.
I don't have any wireless music to pair with ( and hopefully won't indulge that).

Thanks for your input - I'm especially pleased with the battery life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones