Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 08:23 PM

825 posts, read 2,808,463 times

Advertisements

So my upgrade date is October 5. My new job involves multiple work sites. My coworkers use an app for kronos to manage hours (clock in and out).

I went to my carrier about upgrading sooner. They said I would pay full price. Any suggestions? After all they would be making more money under a smart phone contract. Should I say T-Mobile will be happy to take me as a customer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,803,425 times
who r u with I know Verizon has the edge program that allows you to upgrade early and att has the next program wich allow you to upgrade early with a down payment. personaly I wouldn't use T-Mobile as there coverage sucks!! I don't know if you want to go this route but att allows you to bring your own device providing its a gsm device and it's unlocked but you'll have to buy a phone at full retail!! ide check ebay and id'e have the seller give me the iemi number to make sure the phone is not stolen. my bill is 65 a month before taxes and before my company discount can't beat that for for 2 lines and 2 gigs of data. Verizon will still ********* since they don't have a deal where you can activate your own device and your bill won't be much cheaper!! you might want to try pre paid for a while to and try out the different carriers to see which one has the best signal in your area Verizon tells me I have excellent coverage in my area I only get no bars to 1 bar so I left

Old 08-10-2014, 10:01 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,156,320 times
I upgraded my phone over a year early with Verizon's Edge program. My bill remained exactly the same and I got a new phone. Only issue was I had to send my old phone to Verizon.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:15 AM

16,448 posts, read 19,466,184 times
They aren't going to let you out early. Period. No chance.
The OP cannot use Edge either. Not to mention that adds another $30 to your bill.
The OP has a "feature phone" from what I can gather.
You need to just wait until 10/5.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:43 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,234,233 times
You can buy an unlocked or carrier phone online at some stores such as Tiger Direct, Target, Walmart etc or go to T-Mobile and they would pay your early termination according to their TV ads but first make sure their service will work in the areas you live and travel. T-Mobile also has wifi calling so anywhere there is wifi then coverage would be perfect but in travel areas possibly not. I was very happy with T-Mobile but Verizon supposedly has better coverage but at a price.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
The OP cannot use Edge either. Not to mention that adds another $30 to your bill.
I agree with you. that's why the edge program or atts next program never made since to me because your paying for the first device then a year later you buy another device then your paying for that one to. and Verizon doesn't have the BYOD bring your own device program nor do that activate other cdma phones from other carriers!!! screw Verizon i'll stay with att and get just as much coverage and a lower bill!! and I can swap out the sim card and use the phone over seas. and with what I am saving on my bill every month i'll def make my money back on my devices with in the first year

Old 08-11-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I upgraded my phone over a year early with Verizon's Edge program. My bill remained exactly the same and I got a new phone. Only issue was I had to send my old phone to Verizon.
I was never told I had to send my old phone back they kept billing me for it. heck they said I could sell it to em trade it in but id'e still be paying for it!! a nice game Verizon has going on in my book. personaly I wouldn't use Verizon unless I lived out in the boondocks and traveled to the boonies on a regular basis then the cost would be worth it to me

Old 08-13-2014, 04:24 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,465,878 times
Pay the early termination fee. End the contract. Get new contract and wa la! New phone. The ETF on a contract with three months to go can't be that much.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:42 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,156,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
It added $25 to my bill but then the access fee dropped from $40 to $15 so my bill was exactly the same after I switched the the edge program and got the new phone.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:15 AM

16,448 posts, read 19,466,184 times
Wow. Well that's not bad at all, then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones