Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,588,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Nah, they'll add it to their 2016 model and call it "revolutionary".
Your Android fanboism shows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 01:36 PM

735 posts, read 650,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Your Android fanboism shows...
As does your Apple fanboism...

Old 10-15-2014, 01:45 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,588,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
As does your Apple fanboism...
LOL... I said I like Apple products... and I've also said I previously owned an S3.

Unlike you, I don't badmouth the other. Not that I care either way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Since zeppelin171 feels the need to derail every thread with Android fanboi-ism.
True story. ^

Old 10-16-2014, 08:55 AM

16,471 posts, read 19,501,916 times
Yawn. I don't need my phone to be a remote. I'd rather use my Harmony 650 that has actual keys and controls every device I have. I don't like having to look at my phone to make sure I am hitting the right keys.

#Gimmick

Old 10-16-2014, 09:39 PM

34,848 posts, read 30,936,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I do love how people say "there's no bloatware on Apple products"....
Just because Verizon didn't install an app DOESN'T MEAN that there's no bloatware on your phone.
Newstand anyone? Passbook? Plenty of Apple Bloatware that you cannot remove. There is stuff there you cannot delete, wont use, and uses resources... pretty much the definition o bloatware.
At least on an Android you can disable damn near anything.
At least on ALL modern phones, these things are so damn fast (no phone needs a quad core processor) the bloatware issue isn't as big a deal because it doesn't slow your phone down. ANd more and more companies are including less. Look at Moto hardly including any nowadays on that Moto X.
All of those Apple apps are considerably more useful than the carrier bloat on my S5 that is sitting idle in my bedroom.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:42 PM

671 posts, read 885,114 times
Unless you want the latest and greatest,,,get the batteries replaced....

Old 10-22-2014, 02:05 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,658,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yawn. I don't need my phone to be a remote. I'd rather use my Harmony 650 that has actual keys and controls every device I have. I don't like having to look at my phone to make sure I am hitting the right keys.

#Gimmick

That's why I love these threads. I don't care that you don't need it, the thread is titled "Need input" so I provided some. Juvenile remarks like "yawn and #gimmick", for why? Does it make you that happy to let me know that the feature isn't important to you? I'm not impressed. Think about what you just said. I am glad my phone serves as a remote because I keep it on or near me at all times, whereas the standard remotes get lost because of my kids and my wife. So me buying a Harmony 650 or anything else like it would be no solution because it would get lost like the others. Do you carry your remote everywhere you go? If I so desire I can set it up for any TV I come across. I can change a channel or turn down an obnoxiously loud TV if I happen to be sitting in a waiting room. The AP is also a quick and easy guide that can be customized to find programs of my choosing or liking and it is easier and quicker then the guide on my cable boxes because I have it setup for only the channels I watch.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:33 PM

735 posts, read 650,071 times
tl;dr: get a Nexus 6

Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 PM

20,247 posts, read 36,941,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

That's why I love these threads. I don't care that you don't need it, the thread is titled "Need input" so I provided some. Juvenile remarks like "yawn and #gimmick", for why? Does it make you that happy to let me know that the feature isn't important to you? I'm not impressed. Think about what you just said. I am glad my phone serves as a remote because I keep it on or near me at all times, whereas the standard remotes get lost because of my kids and my wife. So me buying a Harmony 650 or anything else like it would be no solution because it would get lost like the others. Do you carry your remote everywhere you go? If I so desire I can set it up for any TV I come across. I can change a channel or turn down an obnoxiously loud TV if I happen to be sitting in a waiting room. The AP is also a quick and easy guide that can be customized to find programs of my choosing or liking and it is easier and quicker then the guide on my cable boxes because I have it setup for only the channels I watch.
You can also use your cellphone to start your car as long as it has a remote starter, or just to change your house's HVAC settings.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:21 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,063,004 times
If you're an android user what is the primary reason your thinking about switching? Have you always liked iphones/apple but not wanted to sacrafice on screensize or are you just wanting to change things up? Personally I like android, I like that its open source, I dont like how apple tries to control their technology so much. I also am used to android and like how it works. I have tried switching to mac computers and though I think they are a quality build I just cant get used to the IOS. Overall though I've never really liked apple products ever since I got a ipod nano right after they came out so have stayed away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones