Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:39 AM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
In that case, why not buy an LG G2 from eBay unlocked? That would be much, much better than the ZTE phone and they can be found for less than $300. Probably will be avaioble even cheaper on there during Black Friday.
f that.

I'm on my third LG G2, about to warranty this one. That or I'll just give it back on trade-in to t-mobile and get out of this crappy phone. Every single one of them it's been the GPS antenna that goes out. Not sure what it is about them. I figure the warranty phones they're just not fixing them and just send out the same broken phones over and over again as none of the warranty phones I have gotten have really worked properly and they just gradually get worse over time. To give you an idea, took a 90 mile drive back home today but it was cloudy/raining, so in the 90-mile drive the GPS sensor never once locked. Pretty bad when a few clouds are all it takes to prevent GPS from locking on.

I'll probably go in and warranty this one this weekend, but all that happens is you get another broken phone back from LG.

Go with a manufacturer that's been making high-end phones for longer. LG is still breaking into the market and obviously has some problems, especially on the customer support side. On the upside, they haven't refused my warranty returns even if they don't actually fix the broken phones and just send them out again. I guess since it costs $30/claim it's doesn't cost them anything.

Last edited by Malloric; 11-01-2014 at 12:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 01:14 AM

735 posts, read 654,757 times
^hmm, I've heard almost nothing but good things about that phone. Sounds like you're extremely unlucky or something.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:35 AM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
^hmm, I've heard almost nothing but good things about that phone. Sounds like you're extremely unlucky or something.
Yes and no. The GPS sensor is very common. It's a simple fix. You open it up and stick some cardboard in to push the connector in. Unfortunately that voids your warranty and sometimes ends up breaking the antenna.

It's a quality issue, basically. Some phones work perfectly fine, others don't. Nexus Galaxy and LG Nexus 4 both had the same problem. I had to return my first Samsung Galaxy Nexus for the same reason. The difference is Samsung isn't a crap company so they redesigned the phones and stopped manufacturing defective ones. It's not hard to do. The redesign was basically just a plastic shim that puts pressure on the antenna and some electrical tape. Probably costs 2 cents. LG just keeps pumping out the defective design, and apparently just recirculates the broken phones without even bothering to replace the antenna. If you're going to spend that kind of coin on a phone, imo, you want a company that actually will stand behind their products which LG does not. They never fixed the antenna on issues with the Nexus 4 and low and behold out comes the G2 with the same design flaw.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:48 AM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Hold them all in your hand: you'll choose the M8.
I have the M7 it's about a year old and the battery sucks. I take a fully charged phone to work and have to recharge by 2-3.

I Keep wireless and bluetooth off and shut down all apps in background

Old 11-01-2014, 10:46 AM

735 posts, read 654,757 times
Oh, forgot to mention the Nexus 6. It's pretty much the best of all worlds.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:56 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I have the M7 it's about a year old and the battery sucks. I take a fully charged phone to work and have to recharge by 2-3.

I Keep wireless and bluetooth off and shut down all apps in background
I am a heavy user on my Note2. Love the fact that I can just switch batteries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones