Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:30 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
This is how clueless I am..... the $150 Galaxy S4 I was going to buy is apparently the "Active" model and not as good as the regular S4.

Back to the drawing board!
If you were seriously considering that Blue phone, get the S4 Active. I'm not sure why you think the Active is any less of a phone then the S4. It's practically the same thing, really. The camera is less megapixels. That's about it. And, in fact, the build quality of the Active is MUCH better then the S4 because it is "life proof".

I wanted the Active when it came out but it was only AT&T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yorUp8IpR-A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:39 AM

861 posts, read 1,335,529 times
Active doesnt have the Super AMOLED display, battery doesnt last as long and is heavier.

I did finally manage to snag a S4 for similar price as the Active so I am content for now. Just hope seller didnt lie about the condition.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:16 AM

What?
But...But you were considering the Blu... which has nowhere NEAR as good of a screen as the S4 Active.

And battery life? It's the same battery.

And yea, it's heavier. Because is isn't made out of plastic, which is something Samsung got slammed for. and we're talking 21 grams here. It's heavier because it's waterproof.. and dust proof...

Yet you were EXCITED for that low end Blu? I don't understand you...

\\EDIT\\ Same battery according to this:

http://www.gizmag.com/galaxy-s4-acti...parison/27812/

Where are you reading reviews from???

Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 AM

Wow you couldnt be more wrong. I use my iPhone so much I need to recharge it several times a day. I even have to carry several battery packs because I keep running out of juice. I even use it while I run/hike like right now. Back in the day when I was with Virgin Mobile, I used 30GB of data each month. Not a power user? LOL

Blu has a 7" display so dont need to be picky about it being TFT when its easier to see than an Active 5" display with TFT. Plus its brand new and comes with a 1 year warranty.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:19 AM

735 posts, read 654,455 times
Quote:

Blu has a 7" display so dont need to be picky about it being TFT when its easier to see than an Active 5" display with TFT. Plus its brand new and comes with a 1 year warranty.

Is a 35 inch tube TV with 480p really better than a 25 inch flatscreen TV with HD viewed from the same distance? That's pretty much what you're saying right now.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Wow you couldnt be more wrong. I use my iPhone so much I need to recharge it several times a day. I even have to carry several battery packs because I keep running out of juice. I even use it while I run/hike like right now. Back in the day when I was with Virgin Mobile, I used 30GB of data each month. Not a power user? LOL

My bad. I just assumed a power user wouldn't even consider the Blu. All you've done is convince me that the Active is the right one for you.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:45 AM

When youre trying to read words on the screen, yes.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
I'm leasing my iPhone6 from sprint and saving $10 a month in the process.
No problems with the IPhone6, but I do wish they stayed with the hard edge form factor or came up with something a bit smaller...

Old 01-20-2015, 10:48 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,869,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I'm leasing my iPhone6 from sprint and saving $10 a month in the process.
No problems with the IPhone6, but I do wish they stayed with the hard edge form factor or came up with something a bit smaller...
How does leasing it work? If you were to pay the extra $240 (assuming you're on a 2 yr contract) you would get to keep the iphone after the contract ?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe
When youre trying to read words on the screen, yes.
smh... I give up. Trust me a TFT screen is not going to be any harder to read then an AMOLED. Stop believing everything you read on the internet. AMOLED might have slightly better blacks...y'know for like when you're watching movies? OR might be a tiny tiny bit brighter in direct sunlight. That's it. Not going to make test easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn
How does leasing it work? If you were to pay the extra $240 (assuming you're on a 2 yr contract) you would get to keep the iphone after the contract ?
If it's the plan I think he's on, he has to get a new phone every 2 years. But is getting unlimited everything for $70/month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones