Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 10:04 PM

735 posts, read 654,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Please explain why anyone should believe that you know anymore of what you're talking about than anyone else here.
Because I proved my argument with actual facts and not "Appel last longr becase i bougt it and ther advertisng told me so"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 10:09 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,493,493 times
Quote:
Please explain why anyone should believe that you know anymore of what you're talking about than anyone else here.
Because Samsung said so and iSheep.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
My wife's using her IPhone 4 with same battery still. She always says its built like a tank compared to others she had.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:29 AM

15,424 posts, read 25,795,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin171 View Post
Because I proved my argument with actual facts and not "Appel last longr becase i bougt it and ther advertisng told me so"
What actual facts? I didn't see them. You said they have something like removable batteries. I'm not sure what that has to do with the question. Apple's advertising said their phones last longer? I've never seen such an ad. I just have a 4 year old iPhone to go by, no one told me what to say. I also have a long, horrible, track record with Samsung phones. That's what I'm going by, not marketing claims.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:07 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Who said the bolded part? Oh right, no one. Why do you have such trouble sticking to the truth when it comes to Apple?

People simply correctly pointed out actual facts. Like the fact that Apple has a solid record of provided iOS updates for older devices. And the fact that you can drag in a several generations old iPhone to your local Apple store (or send it in) and they'll fix it. Or if you're feeling inclined to do it yourself, it's easy to get the parts and make the repairs yourself.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:57 AM

735 posts, read 654,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Because Samsung said so and iSheep.
If you were to pay more attention to my posts then you'd know that I'm not even a fan of Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Who said the bolded part? Oh right, no one. Why do you have such trouble sticking to the truth when it comes to Apple?

People simply correctly pointed out actual facts. Like the fact that Apple has a solid record of provided iOS updates for older devices. And the fact that you can drag in a several generations old iPhone to your local Apple store (or send it in) and they'll fix it. Or if you're feeling inclined to do it yourself, it's easy to get the parts and make the repairs yourself.
Everyone knows that any iOS update on a device that's older than two years gimps the phone severely.

Also, a phone that's going to last you for 5 years needs to be futureproof. 1gb of RAM isn't futureproof, it was in 2011.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:

Everyone knows that any iOS update on a device that's older than two years gimps the phone severely.

Also, a phone that's going to last you for 5 years needs to be futureproof. 1gb of RAM isn't futureproof, it was in 2011.
I did not know that. My older phone works with the latest update. My iPhone 4 is on iOS 7.x.x though. It came with iOS 4, or was it 5, so it has been fully updated and works perfectly.

Why wouldn't a phone with only 1 GB work after 5 years? That makes no sense. No old phone ever made is future proof, whatever that means.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:35 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,354,210 times
Quote:
I did not know that. My older phone works with the latest update. My iPhone 4 is on iOS 7.x.x though. It came with iOS 4, or was it 5, so it has been fully updated and works perfectly.

Why wouldn't a phone with only 1 GB work after 5 years? That makes no sense. No old phone ever made is future proof, whatever that means.
Traditionally, iOS updates have bogged down older iPhones. Android updates used to do the same, however since Android 2.3, this has gone away. Android 5.0 actually provided a significant performance increase to older phones.

That doesn't mean that this trend will remain true in the future. Anything is possible.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
Traditionally, iOS updates have bogged down older iPhones. Android updates used to do the same, however since Android 2.3, this has gone away. Android 5.0 actually provided a significant performance increase to older phones.

That doesn't mean that this trend will remain true in the future. Anything is possible.
Like I said, it ain't true anymore, if it ever was. I've never had either of them bog down during updates. The iPad 2 did with iOS 8, but they have fixed that.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:27 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,907,759 times
I've read repeatedly about people upgrading the iphone4 to iOS 7, having problems. Processor apparently not up to the task. Earlier iphone 3's, same issue upgrading the software
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones