U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:04 AM

199 posts, read 233,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
In my area att has better voice quality and data. Half of Verizon's towers in my area are 3G, whereas ATT is mostly LTE with some 4G. I tried Verizon for four month and was disappointed with the voice quality at my home and office. Plus the data speed at my house was.5 Meg I had15 Megs with ATT at my house. So I switched back to ATT a month ago.
I don't think that NJBest understood what I was meaning. She didn't realize I was just saying that just because you get a signal and have coverage that doesn't mean that coverage is good quality coverage.

In my own personal experience, the experience of family, friends and employer the Verizon coverage was always, so it was reliable in that sense but poor voice quality and calls dropping frequently data speed were quality issues.

Reliable should mean reliably good not reliably poor. I am not saying Verizon is bad or anything like that, but bloated coverage #'s doesn't mean it is better in any given area.

I switched to AT&T like you did Mr5150 and in my area and the areas across the country I have been to have been reliably good which is what should count.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 08:50 AM

13,062 posts, read 15,176,622 times
I hate Verizon. I feel ill every time I see a commercial about their awesome network. *exaggerating
I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Still one of the 50 largest cities in the USA, still the 29th largest MSA in the country...
I get 1 bar of 4G at my house, which often drops to 2 bars of 3G.
Called Verizon once: Sorry about that, do you want to buy an Extender for $250???
Really?

Old 02-16-2015, 07:39 PM

199 posts, read 233,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I hate Verizon. I feel ill every time I see a commercial about their awesome network. *exaggerating
I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Still one of the 50 largest cities in the USA, still the 29th largest MSA in the country...
I get 1 bar of 4G at my house, which often drops to 2 bars of 3G.
Called Verizon once: Sorry about that, do you want to buy an Extender for $250???
Really?
I don't hate them but them saying they have more coverage than anyone is true, but as for quality coverage where you get good voice quality and no dropped calls is another thing.

Maybe there saying of "Can you hear me now?" is actually about their network. LOL

Old 02-19-2015, 12:02 PM

1,196 posts, read 3,666,882 times
I live in the western CO/eastern UT area. Lots of wide open remote places. I have a Tracfone Android on Verizon and get good service almost everywhere, especially if I'm up on a high spot. Once I even had really good 3G service way inside Dinosaur National Monument at Harpers Corners. Tracfone won't roam on Verizon so I have had a couple of places (like Vernal, UT) where I have no Verizon service at all.

I also have a Tracfone non-Android that is on AT&T, which also has good service out here on the frontier. Tracfones are cheap enough to keep two phones going (<$100/yr each). When we travel we take both phones and at least one of them has good service at all times (unless we are in a canyon.)

Old 02-24-2015, 04:31 PM

1,080 posts, read 930,434 times
I only get one bar and nothing but dropped calls in my area. I called them and had them trouble shoot the phone!! so I have them replace the phone 4 times still the same problems persisted!! I asked my neighbors if there service sucks in the area and they said it does. so I knew it wasn't my phone and it must be a tower or something going on in the network. then rep who was clueless to my problems. after explaining all of my reception problems with my service and all of the dropped calls I asked for a network extender. they said let them check on something to they did and I was told that I was getting excellent service in my area. so my guess the slave ***** was looking at the coverage map and not look at the computer that monitors the network!! needless to say I never found out what the problem was after a month of dealing with it the first rep never even wrote up a ticket for my problems after I called to see what was going on!! all I can say is screw Verizon!!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:16 AM

3,608 posts, read 3,091,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Bear in mind that while Verizon may be better overall, it may not be better where one lives. I tried Verizon for the coverage, but found it lacking for voice quality and data speed in my area. My area being the operative phrase.

And Verizon may not be better where you hang out during the summer months!

And, although 3G is old news, there are some areas where Verizon and AT&T have only 3G service and AT&T's 3G is faster. So I switched from Verizon to AT&T since at my house, service was identical, while where I go in the summer, AT&T was the ideal provider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones