U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:54 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,367,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Did you ever message this number? I know if you go into messages and start typing the number it will pop up with a little "i" in a circle. You can click that "i" and then scroll down and hit block. They do NOT need to be a current contact to be blocked.

Or try recent calls to find the little "i".

Try that and let me know if it works.
That person wasn't in recent calls. Is there an option in settings/phone/block to manually add any number that I'm missing?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 12:59 PM

12,717 posts, read 12,402,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
That person wasn't in recent calls. Is there an option in settings/phone/block to manually add any number that I'm missing?
I'm not aware of an easy way. Do this. I just tried and it worked:

Add contact
Press Block while they are a contact
Verify they show up in blocked list under settings, phone, blocked (it will show up as contact name)
Delete contact
Verify number is still there (it will now show up as the number only, no contact name)

I just added a contact named bob ph# 888-888-8888. I hit block and it showed Bob under blocked. I then deleted bob as a contact and it now shows 888-888-8888 as blocked.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:17 PM

2,868 posts, read 4,367,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm not aware of an easy way. Do this. I just tried and it worked:

Add contact
Press Block while they are a contact
Verify they show up in blocked list under settings, phone, blocked (it will show up as contact name)
Delete contact
Verify number is still there (it will now show up as the number only, no contact name)

I just added a contact named bob ph# 888-888-8888. I hit block and it showed Bob under blocked. I then deleted bob as a contact and it now shows 888-888-8888 as blocked.
thanks. i'll try that later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones