Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:31 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,005,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
The solution is to get a phone that has a decent battery. Then, if you are using it that much, try looking up, there is so much more going on than what you can see on that tiny screen.
Not everyone on their phone often is playing games, some people actually take business calls and do banking and bill paying on their phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 03:39 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,727,925 times
Well.....I have 2 chargers upstairs in the bedroom - one for iPhone and one for iPad.
I have 1 phone charger downstairs by the main computer for syncing my phone to iTunes.
I have another phone charger on the coffee table for quick plug ins to my laptop.
I have another phone charger in my car for when I go on those roadtrips and have Waze running as well as Podcasts, and sometimes Bluetooth talking. Those things all suck the power down.

I don't have a phone charger at work. My iPhone's battery lasts all day on one charge, so I have no need to charge by noon, as some seem to have to do.

OP, has your mind exploded yet?

Now let's talk about headphones....in my house, the headphones seem to play hide and seek. One day I will not be able to find any. The next day, there are 5 jumbled up pair on the counter.

How about laptop chargers? How many of those are around? There are currently 2 plugged into my living room outlet (I only have one laptop....).

Now when my kids all come home, who also all have iPhones and iPads and Macbooks....just IMAGINE how many chargers we have then!!!!

Old 04-18-2015, 03:57 PM

44,990 posts, read 59,979,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
A better use of this thread would be asking other obviously silly questions like this

How many pairs of pants do you need? Perhaps the OP only has two.
How many pairs of underwear?

Old 04-18-2015, 08:34 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,597,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
This woman I work with told me she has three chargers??? And when I asked what is the third charger for she never told me the reason because she knows it made no sense. I thought everyone had a charger at home and another charger at work to always make sure the phone can be charged.

Is there anyone on here who has three chargers?
I have several as well, to charge the many devices I own. I always leave them at home though since the phone I own now has excellent battery life so it doesn't need to be charged as often (Sony Xperia Z3).

Old 04-18-2015, 08:55 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,637,020 times
Quote:
If you charge your phone to 100% before you leave the house then why would you need a charger for the car? I would think you would just need the other charger once you arrive at work since your phone will already be fully charged when you leave the house.
What about those things called weekends ... Left the house with fully charged phones this morning. Spent the day in the mountains, and had to charge both before we got home today.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:41 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,822,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
What about those things called weekends ... Left the house with fully charged phones this morning. Spent the day in the mountains, and had to charge both before we got home today.
Well maybe it's your phone because I left the house today at 3pm with my phone charged at 94% and when I returned home at 11pm it said 50% at the top. So when it comes to Samsung Galaxy I don't have to do a lot of charging through out the day once it reaches 95% or higher.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:22 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,637,020 times
Quote:
Well maybe it's your phone because I left the house today at 3pm with my phone charged at 94% and when I% at the top. So when it returned home at 11pm it said 50 comes to Samsung Galaxy I don't have to do a lot of charging through out the day once it reaches 95% or higher.
These were both Galaxy S5s, but we spent the day in and out of 4G service.

We also left at 8 AM and returned at 9:30 PM.

I guess the real points are: No one else has your exact life, or your exact experiences.

My office job also required all day travel several days a week (meaning some days I spent at the office, and some days in the car), I also get dozens and dozens of emails a day, and often spend 4+ hours a day talking on the phone.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:16 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,528,925 times
on top of spare chargers, i also have a spare battery and a portable usb charger i got at a convention.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:42 PM

21,674 posts, read 24,822,438 times
Well ****, I have more than that.

I have three in my home office (tablet, phone, battery pack), two in the car, and I carry one in my bag.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:58 PM

21,674 posts, read 24,822,438 times
Quote:
If you charge your phone to 100% before you leave the house then why would you need a charger for the car? I would think you would just need the other charger once you arrive at work since your phone will already be fully charged when you leave the house.
Depends how you use the phone. I use it for navigation driving in the Bay Area as Waze reroutes well around traffic jams plus I'm streaming Spotify if I'm not listening to an audio book. I use the car charger to keep the battery up, otherwise I'd arrive with somewhere around 60-70% of the battery since I've usually already used some of the batter before leaving checking email/making any calls to the east coast while I get ready in the morning. I tether on the job site which uses about 10-15% of the battery if I'm not using the data heavily. If I'm using it heavily, the .5amp USB charger can't even keep up but at least reduces the drain. I can't always charge though. I can't always charge if I'm moving around so having the battery topped off means I'm good for at least 4 hours before the phone dies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones