Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 12:43 PM

124 posts, read 576,130 times

Advertisements

So, I have some friends that say the iphone is only $20 more a month than their "flip phones". And that's a few friends coming up with that same number of $20 more. I know the Blackjack phone with full internet access is 39.99 for the text/internet 3G network. That would be about $25 more than that of a flip phone with a small data package.

My question is this. Is it really only $20 more a month for the iphone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 01:56 PM

7 posts, read 16,625 times
Default yes...

You will buy the iPhone for what ever price it is and then agree to pay $20 a month to get the data package. That is it. You are definitely getting a good deal on that package as long as you don;t mind paying the upfront cost of the phone. I am very pleased with my iPhone. I also "jailbroke" mine so that there are a bunch of extra applications and features I have on it now.

If anyone has questions let me know or if they want to know how to "jailbreak" the phone let me know. This not a hack that bricks the phone. It just opens the OS so that 3rd party apps can be installed. Do a google search on it and you will see what I am talking about.

I highly recommend the iPhone and I am not an Apple fan boy. The only thing people really don't like is the lack of GPS (but it does have a nice google map app) & that it is not 3G - which really is not that big of a factor

-Beaver

Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM

347 posts, read 1,567,418 times
My husband loves his iphone more than just about anything. He has to pay an extra $20 for some internet/mystery iphone service. I was really considering getting one myself but it's just more phone than I need.
I must admit it's a pretty cool gadget. You can call at&t and get the whole scoop about costs, though.

Old 01-18-2008, 02:47 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
does anybody have Helio?

1000 minutes, GPS, unlimited email/internet on the fast G3 network for $85.

I've been considering it for my next phone. They use the Sprint network.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
I have a blackberry pearl on tmobile that i love- it has quick and easy internet, email, videos, music, camera, pretty much everything i need. It was $100, the internet service is $20 a month. I don't get the iphone hype at all.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:40 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I have a blackberry pearl on tmobile that i love- it has quick and easy internet, email, videos, music, camera, pretty much everything i need. It was $100, the internet service is $20 a month. I don't get the iphone hype at all.
I have the Pearl and the wife a Razr on T-Mobile. 1000 minutes w/internet on my phone for $91 after all the fees and taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones