Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 02:52 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,154 times

Advertisements

Although I do like tablets I prefer big screen phones since it's a two in one with having a phone with tablet size screens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 02:11 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
None of them are better. It's personal preference. All you're going to get are replies with the posters preference, which in no way will help determine the answer to your question.

And what's with your fascination with posting "which is better" threads?

Old 05-14-2015, 03:59 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
How about asking "which is better - post this meaningless question or not post it?" before posting the question?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:46 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
It is all about specifications and screen size.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:11 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,855,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
It is all about specifications and screen size.
OK, I'll bite ...

Specs - most of the specs mentioned, unless you are very familiar with it,
not of any use for the average person ...
Screen size - personal preference - for me big, since my eyesight is bad.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:44 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
OK, I'll bite ...

Specs - most of the specs mentioned, unless you are very familiar with it,
not of any use for the average person ...
Screen size - personal preference - for me big, since my eyesight is bad.
Sorry if my post was not clear in meaning. A large phone might be okay if it has a fast processor and has a lot of memory but screens are still usually smaller than a tablet.
Some tablets can now be used as phones so those might be good for the op as long as they have fast processors and enough memory.

Check some out at the link 7 tablets with phone functionality

Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Op, you once again answered your own question.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:00 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Although I do like tablets I prefer big screen phones since it's a two in one with having a phone with tablet size screens
I agree with others that this is an annoying trend of the questions you ask, but I will speak my mind as I choose my smartphones and tablets solely on the 'issues' I have...one blindness and two, acrylic nails...that are not all that usable with capacitive screens.
I prefer and seek out AMOLED screens as the color is more vivid and clear. I have one sighted eye and it has a cataract in it that nobody will touch til I am almost blind (for obvious reasons and I am in total agreement with).
Acrylic nails are something I have had 35 yrs, so I am not about to given them up at this stage of life. I use one of the last, I think, phones with a 'slide-out' keyboard (Samsung Galaxy Relay) and have been using and sliding now for 3 yrs and only recently notice a teeny bit of slowness to the phone. Might be the apps I have added (time to unload some of them) or it may be that I have never had TMo upgrade it to any recent software in the 3 yrs?? I'm happy with the phone and it doesn't HAVE AMOLED screen! I do have a Samsung tablet with it and LOVE LOVE that! ANYHOW, the keyboard allows me to text fast as a rabbit and works for me. I guess/HOPE with a larger screen on a newer phone, I will be able to text as quickly without the slider keyboard...I sure hope so.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:34 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Larger - easier to type on, read, more comfortable in my hand, etc.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:52 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,045,864 times
I have a cheapy LG 4.5" Android phone on pre-paid Tracfone. I don't talk or text much so the pre-paid works well for me, costs me <$10/mo for service. I do use the phone a lot for wifi/email/FB/camera/GPS, etc. It does really well for a cheap $100 phone.

I have a 2012 Nexus 7 tablet. I got it in Jan 2013 but I really haven't used it much. I'm thinking of selling it.

I just got a used 5.5" LG Optimus G Pro phone on ebay for $140. I want to use it as a wifi tablet instead of the Nexus. I don't plan on activating it even though it has a clean IMEI. I really like the size of this phone. I've been reading my ebooks on it. It's an older phone but is really well spec'd: updated to Kitkat 4.4.2, quad core 1.7ghz, 2gb ram, 32gb space, 13mp camera, msd card slot. It's much better spec'd than the $150 Samsung tablet I was also looking at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones