Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 02:11 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Hah. People would be waiting forever and never move on. Might as well go back to a typewriter .

I agree with others that say there's no point in waiting. The most value you get out of a device is the value of use. You can't use something you don't have.
I was trying to be funny because every 6 months they claim to come out with the "latest and greatest" model. So by iphone 50 they should have the bugs worked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
The only thing enticing me to upgrade is the better camera. I'm going to Alaska this summer and it would be nice to have a better camera on my phone.
Buy an actual camera if you are going to Alaska.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:58 AM

635 posts, read 753,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Buy an actual camera if you are going to Alaska.
I have a good camera...just wanted a phone with better megapixels in case I needed a quick shot.

Old 01-24-2016, 12:03 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
I have a good camera...just wanted a phone with better megapixels in case I needed a quick shot.
Buy it now and practice taking photos with it. One thing that will help with taking photos is to remember to have the light on your back. In other words, a bright background (behind the subject) sort of blinds the camera. If not using the flash, don't shoot against the light. But taking a photo against the light can work very nicely if you can illuminate the subject with the flash.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:04 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Buy it now and practice taking photos with it. One thing that will help with taking photos is to remember to have the light on your back. In other words, a bright background (behind the subject) sort of blinds the camera. If not using the flash, don't shoot against the light. But taking a photo against the light can work very nicely if you can illuminate the subject with the flash.
Truth be told some of my best pictures were taken with a fixed lens camera. These days that would be my iPhone 6. Practice and remember that composition is what makes a great picture. But you already knew that.

Old 02-21-2016, 11:15 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,483,961 times
If anyone's still reading this thread: I've had my iPhone 6s Plus since November 23rd, 2015. I love it! The pics and videos are good quality, and everything else about the phone makes it worth the $280 CAD a month that DH and I pay. (He has an iPhone 6s.) We share a 15 GB monthly data plan and our phones are both 128 GB models.

I also have a nice array of pro cameras, but unless I'm going out on a shoot, I find my phone convenient for snapshots. The iPhone pic quality is better than most cameras could deliver a decade ago, so I'm both impressed and thrilled with mine.

I find I spend about a quarter of the time I used to spend on my laptop, now that I own a smartphone.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:13 AM

Update: I bought the 6s a few weeks ago and love it! I'm just hoping the 7 won't have a drastic camera change.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:57 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Of course it will. You can't always wait for the next great phone...you'll never buy one.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Of course it will. You can't always wait for the next great phone...you'll never buy one.
Apple's 'iPhone 7 Plus' to sport dual-camera iSight array built on LinX imaging technology

Well this makes me feel better...not. The camera is one of the top features I look at in buying phones.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:15 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Apple's 'iPhone 7 Plus' to sport dual-camera iSight array built on LinX imaging technology

Well this makes me feel better...not. The camera is one of the top features I look at in buying phones.
Are you happy with the 6s camera? If the answer is yes, don't sweat it. Either that or buy a new phone every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones