Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:39 PM

508 posts, read 527,120 times

Advertisements

Thanks for replies/suggestions.

I did check the ringplus that work with CDMA, where I find the following devices to consider for R+

Moto E
Prepaid, Boost, or Virgin Mobile that was used and has been on paid service for 12 continuous months
Samsung galaxy s2
Htc one E8
Samsung note 3
Samsung galaxy s4
Samsung m300

Sprint acceptable phone list:

Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
Alcatel OneTouch PIXI 7

What are the best places to look for above devices?

Thanks for guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 12:22 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
I prefer a model with Android that has Micro SD card to extend storage and replaceable batteries.
If this is what you want, LG is the only phone maker that still caters to the swappable battery crowd these days. The LG V20 looks like it'll be an awesome phone. Only problem I'm seeing with that phone is that they didn't make it waterproof. Other than that, it's a better phone than the Galaxy S7 Edge and definitely better than the Note 7 (cuz it doesn't explode). The LG V10 would be cheaper and is also a great phone. The LG G5 has a lot of love/hate reviews, but that is also cheaper than the V20. LG does make CDMA compatible versions of all of their phones and I believe both Verizon and Sprint will be selling the V20.

The most overpowered Android phone that I know of is the ASUS Zenfone 3 Deluxe 256GB version. It's not out yet, but coming soon and will feature Snapdragon 821, which is a better chip set/processor than anything Samsung has made all year. Will probably be slightly cheaper than your iPhones and Galaxies. There are a broad range of Zenfones landing in a broad range of prices.

The best bang for your buck affordable yet powerful android is probably the OnePlus 3.

Zenfones and OnePlus aren't CDMA compatible, so probably not a good fit.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 09-30-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones