Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 02:58 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times

Advertisements

UPDATE: The phone is on sale for $20 off at Best Buy for two days. I'm glad I procrastinated --I like saving money. Free shipping too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 03:24 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thank you very much for all that information. Maybe I will get that phone after all. I love the phone and I like T-Mobile very much. I never make phone calls to the US when I'm out of the country. I'm not overseas that much and when I am, I just send an email or use facebook messaging.

I guess I know how I'll be spending my income tax refund.
It was on sale last week for $129.99 when I posted a link to it in my post. It has gone on and off sale for quite a while now since before I bought mine. Good luck, hope you like yours as much as I like mine. Remember that it will only use one sim card if you also use a memory card, or two sim cards without a memory card, that is how I use mine.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:33 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
It was on sale last week for $129.99 when I posted a link to it in my post. It has gone on and off sale for quite a while now since before I bought mine. Good luck, hope you like yours as much as I like mine. Remember that it will only use one sim card if you also use a memory card, or two sim cards without a memory card, that is how I use mine.
I'm so glad you posted that link. It's been saying $149.99 ever since I first looked. I tend to be a procrastinator so I didn't get it right away. When I finally went in to buy it today, using your link, it was $129.99. Free shipping too. Thanks very much!

Old 03-12-2017, 04:24 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,191,325 times
i had an asus zenfone 2e never again!!! it got an update one day and then the phone got all glitched up and didn't work right since. now that being said if your gonna throw away money on a phone why dont you look at the LG aristo. it has built in wifi calling so no need for the personal cell spot as well as it comes with VOLTE on board and it's on sale. i get full signal no matter where i am. i have a friend on my t mobile acct with my old unlocked phone and service is a nightmare with 1-2 bars all the time. i hung out with a friend last night and he has verizon and we pulled over to pick up some one he was playing a game on his iphone and he was only getting 2 bars and i was getting 5 bars since he don't have VOLTE. and VOLTE stands for voice over long term evolution and it don't count torwds your data. a phone with wifi calling and VOLTE on board is well worth it

Old 03-18-2017, 04:52 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Asus phones are garbage and loaded with bloatware. I still don't get why people buy those as oppose to flagship that's 1-2 years old or get a new mainstream budget phone.

For example all the probs Asus had with the 1st-2nd Zen Phone not getting updates, their solution was to buy the ZenFone 3. So basically you need to buy another ZenFone to get updates.

The Nexus 5 for example still get Android 7.1, pretty good for a 3-4 yr old compare to Asus.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Asus phones are garbage and loaded with bloatware. I still don't get why people buy those as oppose to flagship that's 1-2 years old or get a new mainstream budget phone.

For example all the probs Asus had with the 1st-2nd Zen Phone not getting updates, their solution was to buy the ZenFone 3. So basically you need to buy another ZenFone to get updates.

The Nexus 5 for example still get Android 7.1, pretty good for a 3-4 yr old compare to Asus.
I have no idea what you are talking about, I have the 2 and the 3 Max and have had no issues with either of them, both phones work great and the Max was a deal IMO at $129.99 from Bestbuy when it was on sale, now I think they get $149.99 but still inexpensive for a phone with a large battery (4130 mAh) and a fast processor (Quad-core 1.25GHz processor with 2GB of RAM) with adequate ram but to each his own.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, I have the 2 and the 3 Max and have had no issues with either of them, both phones work great and the Max was a deal IMO at $129.99 from Bestbuy when it was on sale, now I think they get $149.99 but still inexpensive for a phone with a large battery (4130 mAh) and a fast processor (Quad-core 1.25GHz processor with 2GB of RAM) with adequate ram but to each his own.
How is 1.25GHZ fast? It's about the slowest processor vs Snapdragon or Samsung Exynos.

Intel already abandoned the Atom Mobile processor business. Because the LTE radios inside suck and Qualcomms are way better.

Snapdragon 810 or 820 all runs above 2GHZ and are quad core.

The ZenFone 2 came out for $299 retail and dropped to $149 because it's a budget phone.

Not to mention the Asus devices loses Android updates after a year.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:

That is strange, my Zenphone 2 64 is already over a year and still updating.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
Quote:
How is 1.25GHZ fast? It's about the slowest processor vs Snapdragon or Samsung Exynos.

Intel already abandoned the Atom Mobile processor business. Because the LTE radios inside suck and Qualcomms are way better.

Snapdragon 810 or 820 all runs above 2GHZ and are quad core.

The ZenFone 2 came out for $299 retail and dropped to $149 because it's a budget phone.

Asus doesn't use Atoms anymore. The Max 3 uses a Mediatek chip with quad-core A53s. This should put it around the performance of a Snapdragon 410, which is the chip used in the 2015 Moto G. Certainly not the best performing chip out there, but not the absolute lowest either.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcity View Post
Asus doesn't use Atoms anymore. The Max 3 uses a Mediatek chip with quad-core A53s. This should put it around the performance of a Snapdragon 410, which is the chip used in the 2015 Moto G. Certainly not the best performing chip out there, but not the absolute lowest either.
Lol, mediatek is Chinese designed crap. Again, there are much better flagship phones. The Nextbit Robin cost under $200 new and has a Snapdragon 808 far faster all these junk Asus budget phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones